Chapter 58 - The New Helmsley

Ayla walked in with her IV needle still in her hand into the labor ward. The nurse gave her a warm smile before walking towards her, holding a little being wrapped in a towel.

"Do you wanna hold her?" The nurse asked, a wide smile on her face.

"I..... I'll drop her" Ayla bit her lip.

"No you won't, honey. You'll do fine" Stephanie said, looking Ayla with happy tears flowing down her cheek.

Ayla took a deep breath and held her hands out, nodding at the nurse. The nurse slowly placed the baby in her arms, helping Ayla to adjust her grip before stepping aside.

Ayla rocked the baby in her arms as her wide round eyes looked into Ayla's. Ayla couldn't control her emotions anymore as her tears scrolled down her cheeks. She placed a long kiss on the baby's cheek, shifting all the love she has for her new sister.

"I've been waiting for so long to see you" Ayla said, placing another kiss on her forehead. Stephanie and Hunter couldn't help but smile, looking at their eldest daughter being so emotional. It is a really emotional moment for all of them.

"Come here, honey" Stephanie tapped on the spot beside her. Ayla slowly made her way towards the bed. Stephanie helped Ayla to sit up on the bed before wrapping an arm around Ayla, placing a kiss on her swollen forehead.

"Mommy's beautiful girls" Stephanie said, caressing Ayla's temples and the baby's cheeks.

There were no words to explain how overwhelming this situation was for Stephanie. She'd waited 16 long years to have a baby of her own. Although Ayla is her daughter, she'd always wanted to experience labor as well. She wanted to go through what other mother's have been through as well. And today, her dream has come true.

Above all, it was more emotional for Stephanie to have Ayla by her side right now. Although the baby is the first baby Stephanie has given birth to, Ayla will forever be her eldest daughter.

"She has your eyes, mom" Ayla commented.

"And your daddy's lips" Stephanie nodded, sharing a brief smile with her husband before turning back to the baby.

"This is the perfect gift, Steph. Thank you so much" Hunter pecked her cheek.

"This calls for a group hug" Stephanie squealed, pulling both Ayla and Hunter into a hug.

Ayla leaned her head over Stephanie's shoulder, her arms holding the baby close to her chest. Hunter extended his arm and wrapped around Stephanie, reaching the other hand out to caress the baby's cheek.

It was a perfect moment for the four of them.

Well, only until Hunter extended his hand out and caressed Ayla on the back of her head. She stiffened upon his touch, feeling uncomfortable. She felt a sharp pain in her chest as she recalled what happened. She has yet to forgive him but she just decided not to react. 

"Where's my new granddaughter?" The door pushed open with two elderly people in their 70s walking in. In came, Vince McMahon with his super cranky walk along with the ever sweet, Linda McMahon. Shane, Declan, Kenyon, Rogan and Marissa walked in a few moments later with hampers and gifts in their hands.

"Let me see my granddaughter" Vince said with a wide grin, his hands spread out. Ayla held the baby up, allowing Vince to take the baby into his arms as she settled back and watched as he rocks the baby, looking at her with pure love and joy.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" Linda said, caressing the baby as well. 

"She's perfect" Vince smiled. "My first ever baby granddaughter and she is the most beautiful thing ever on this planet"