Chapter 32 - The Distance

"You wanna lay down?" Taker asked, taking the water bottle from Ayla, setting it aside.

"No, my back hurts each time I lay down" Ayla said, shaking her head.

Taker sighed and sat leaning against the bed frame beside her. He puts one hand out while the other pulled her wrist nearer, telling her to lay against him. He adjusted so she laid on her sides, careful not to press her shoulder against his chest.

He wraps his big arms around her, securing her in a warm hug.

"Why is it every time I see you, you're always in a mess?" Taker chuckled.

"I got no idea, Taker. Believe me, I just noticed this" Ayla let a slight chuckle. She just came to noticed how each time she sees him, there is always a mess.

"Can't we just meet up someday and not have any problems in our hands?" Taker teased.

"I want that as much as you do, Taker. But believe me, that ain't gonna happen as long as I'm there cuz I'm a troublemaker" Ayla sassed, seemingly proud of herself.

"And a pretty one at that. You're lucky I love you, little one" Taker pinched her nose a little, the two laughing out.

There is only 2 weeks left for WrestleMania and they will be spending the rest 2 weeks in New Jersey since that's where the event will be held. RAW will be in New Jersey as well this week. Eventually Taker, Scott and Kev decided to fly to New Jersey to keep Ayla company after hearing what happened to her. Shawn, Billy, Jesse, Kid and Kane would be here three days before WrestleMania since they all have work.

Hunter hasn't spoken much to her ever since the incident 3 days ago. He seemed avoidant. Like there was something in his brain that he can't get out. He wasn't completely ignoring her, he makes sure she eats her meds and would check up on her every hour but that was just it. He didn't talk to her like usual, didn't comfort her like he usually does and Ayla has no idea why. Sometimes she felt that Hunter was embarrassed of her.

She wasn't able to think a lot since her head would twitch each time she occupies her brain a lot, so most of the time, she keeps her brain empty. Plus with Taker and Stephanie around, they didn't let her alone ever. They always had her back and one of them would always be with her no matter what.

"Come in" Taker said when there was a knock on the door. The door pushed open as two police officers, Hunter and Stephanie walked in. 

"Hey honey, how're you doing?" Stephanie asked, taking a seat beside Ayla on the bed.

"I'm doing good, mommy" Ayla smiled. Lies. 

"Honey, this is Officer Lucy and Officer Jason and they're here to get a statement from you about what happened the other day. Do you think you can do it?" Stephanie asked, wanting to know if Ayla has the strength to recall the incident.

Ayla gulped. Partially she was afraid, partially she feels like she needs to do it. "I'm not sure. I guess so?" Ayla answered, slowly sitting up with a little help from Taker and Stephanie. Taker puts a pillow behind her back so she could sit up and not hurt her back. 

"Don't worry, Miss Helmsley. You're secret is with us. You can count on us. There is nothing to be afraid of" Officer Lucy reassured.

Ayla gave it a little thought before nodding although she wasn't sure herself.

"First of all, could we take a little pictures of your injuries from the incident the other day?" Officer Lucy asked.

Ayla didn't immediately answer, instead she looked at Stephanie who nodded. Looking at Stephanie, Ayla nodded at the officers. Officer Jason took out a camera as Stephanie and Lucy helped Ayla to her feet. Stephanie helped lift Ayla's shirt a little to reveal the cuts and bruises over her stomach and her lower back. Officer Jason begin clicking pictures of her bruises, telling her which angle to turn for him to take pictures.