𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦 // 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧

Today is the day I've been waiting for so long. Jaden had asked me to go to prom with him. Of course I said yes. Right now I'm more excited than I've ever been in my life.

"Mom, do you know where my flat iron is?" I called across the house. I heard her sigh as she ran up the stairs to the bathroom.

"Honey, it's still where it always is," she said, pointing to the shelf. And sure enough, my flat iron was there.

"Thanks mom." I said and quickly got it down from up there. I only had 2 hours to get ready and it was definitely not enough time. First I blow-dried my still wet hair before I straightened it. And after even just an hour and a half, my makeup was perfect, my hair was falling slightly down my back and the black mini dress was snug against my hips. Of course it was still long enough and didn't show too much of my body, which was my mother's only requirement.

"You look great, sweetheart." My mom said when she saw me. I just hoped that Jaden thought so too, and took the little pin for Jaden with me.

He was already waiting outside the front door, nervously playing with the little bouquet in his hands. When he saw me his eyes widened and he started to smile. I blushed and ran towards him.

"Wow y/n you look beautiful." He said looking me up and down. Jaden wore a black shirt, black pants and a red bow tie.

"You don't look bad either, Jay." I said kissing his cheek once. Our mothers asked us to stand up so that they could take a picture of us. The situation was a bit embarrassing, but we both smiled bravely at the camera.

On the way to the school where the prom was to be held, Jaden suddenly leaned over and whispered something in my ear.

"I have to confess something to you y/n I can't dance. So please don't be mad at me if I step on your toes." he said and looked at me apologetically. I had to laugh and whispered back.

"I can calm you down, Jay. I can't dance either." I said and we both started laughing.