Maya Catches On

Phoenix's pov

"who will survive under the crimson blood moon? Find out next time on the Steel Samerai: worrior of Neo old Tokyo!"

"wow that was incredible" maya clapped her hands excitedly as the episode ended.

Me and maya went to Edgeworths house for some tea and biscuits only to end up watching the newest episode of the Steel Samerai. I couldn't understand the appeal of watching two grown men fight in costumes but unfortunately I got voted out!

"see you in hell evil matargues!" maya said, acting out the Steel Samerai.

"if I'm going down dear Samerai I'm taking you with me" Edgeworth acted out the evil matargues.

The two of them looked at each other before bursting out laughing with goofy grins on their faces. I smiled at him. It's so rare to see Edgeworth letting loose and having fun like the dork he is and honestly it makes my heart skip a beat.

Maya stared at me for a moment before grabbing me by the sleeve and dragging me outside.

"maya what the heck!" I yelled.

"nick I can't believe I'm about to ask this but.. are you in love with me?" she looked at me worriedly.

"wha- no!" I yelped "maya I consider you a close friend but your way too young for me"

"oh thank god" she breathed a sigh of relief "hold on. If you weren't looking at me with those lovestruck eyes then who-" she stopped as if it suddenly clicked together. Oh no!

"niiiick are you in love with Edgeworth" she looked at me expectingly

"keep your voice down!" I whisper-yelled.

"aww nick that's so cute" maya giggled "you know I always noticed a certain spark between you two" you lier!

I was about to say something when the door was suddenly opened. I looked up to see Edgeworths coy smile.

"are you two done hiding in my closet" he asked.

"oh sorry Edgeworth but I have to go. Don't worry though. Nick is going to stay and keep you company" maya pushed me forward.

"what are you doing!?" I whisper-yelled.

"you'll thank me later" she winked at me.

"alright then" he nodded "I trust I'll see you next week for the next episode"

"you know it" maya finger guned him before leaving.

Edgeworth turned back to me. I gulped nervously. Maya what have you done!