A Blind Date

Phoenix's pov

"uhh kiddos I know I should have asked this sooner but.. where exactly are you taking me?"

Right now I was being dragged around town in a blindfold. It was strangely like the time the girls took me on a blind date with Edgeworth but they're no way that's what's happening... Right?

"na uh daddy we can tell you anything" trucy said firmly.

"yeah boss it's a secret" atena chimed in.

"come on apollo. Won't you throw me a bone here?" I pleaded with the boy.

"sorry Mr Wright. I'm afraid these girls scare me too much to even try" apollo said though the laughter in his voice told me that he was in on it too.

Goddammit!

"ok here we are!" atena led me to a seat and happily ripped off the blindfold. To my shock and disbelief sitting opposite me was...

"miles!"

"ni- I mean Wright" miles seemed just as surprised as I was. He immediately turned his glare to the two kids standing behind him "kay! Sebastian! What the hell did you do!?"

"what we did was finally force you to talk about your feelings" kay put her hands on her hips.

"yes this is for your own good Mr Edgeworth" Sebastian nodded in agreement.

"you two have no idea what's good for me" he growled "forget this! I'm leaving-"

"hold on" I grabbed him by the wrist. I can't let him walk away again.

"and what do you want Wright" he sent his icy glare my way.

I forced a smile to hide my nerves "our young apprentices put alot of work into this little date for us. Don't you think it would be rude to just walk away?"

Miles paused for a moment before sighed "you always have had a way with words, haven't you Wright? Fine but I'm doing this for their sake not yours"

He took a seat back down. Kay and Sebastian gave each other a high five. I smiled at them. I like them. I'm glad Miles had someone looking out for him.

"good luck Mr Wright" the three of them chirped before running off with kay and Sabastin. I smiled at them gently. Thanks kids. Thanks to you I finally have a chance to make things right..

*time skip*

We sat in silence as we ate. It doesn't look like he wants to talk to me. Looks like it's up to me.

"listen Miles I-"

"don't" he growled "I don't want to hear anything from you. Not after the way you treated me" I could see tears in the corners of his eyes. He's in so much pain. I have to make this right!

"miles I never meant to hurt you-"

"really? Cause it sure felt that way!" he yelled.

"I just didn't want to get you involved" I tried to explain.

"in the Kristoph incident" I looked up in surprise. I didn't expect him to know about that "I heard about it overseas. You and Mr justice were all over the front covers of every newspaper"

"I didn't know I was so famous" I chuckled.

He looked away "seeing you again brought back happy yet painful memories. Tell me Wright.. Did you really not trust me enough to help you"

"no!" I said quickly as I gently took his hand "baby of course I trusted you. I just.. didn't want to get you caught up in my mess. But in doing so I ended up hurting you" tears were streaming down my face and I didn't try to stop them. This is most emotion I've shown in all those eight years "I'm so sorry Miles. I-I hope you can forgive me"

"nick" he muttered softly.

My head shot up. Did he just call me-

My thoughts were cut off by a soft sweet kiss. I remembered those lips well. They belonged to Miles Edgeworth.

We slowly pulled away. We stared lovingly into each other eyes. It was as if nothing had changed.

We heard an applause behind us. The whole restaurant was clapping for us. Miles looked away in embarrassment. I simply laughed as our fingers intertwined.

Everything feels.. right again.