Moving On

Phoenix's pov

*ringgggg*

I groaned in annoyance as the alarm blared on. I wanted nothing more than to switch it off and go back to sleep but alas I have work so I forced myself up and headed to the bathroom.

The first thing I did was open the medication cabinet and reached up for my anti-depressants. Seven long years of pushing loved ones away and unemployment has left me in not the best mental state. I take these to keep me going.

"daddy come on it time for you to-" trucy stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes glued to the bottle "what's that daddy?"

"oh nothing you need to worry about kiddo" I quickly hid it behind my back. She doesn't need to know all this. She's just a kid!

"daddy we don't hide things from each other. Remember" she said firmly.

I sighed. There's no hiding anything from her eyes. I handed her the bottle to read.

I could tell she was upset but she still flashed me a big smile "Well I can see you're getting help for it daddy and that's the first step. I'm very proud to have such a strong daddy!"

I smiled warmly at her. Beautiful kind trucy. She's the sole reason I got through these seven horrible years. I could have never done it alone.

"Well I better get going. I have to be in class by eight"

"aren't you supposed to be wearing your school uniform" I raised a eyebrow.

"Well yeah but my magician outfit suits me better" she grinned.

"I swear if I get another call from your school about dress code" I muttered to myself. Trucy simply giggled as she headed out the door.

I sighed as I cleaned myself up. It's time to go to work.

*time skip*

I hummed to myself as I played piano. Yeah I'm no expert on the piano but I can at least play one tune. Besides piano playing isn't my real job. My real job is taking interested customers over for a game of poker. It's my real job and I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself!

My piano playing was cut short by a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see none other than Kristoph gavin.

"good evening Wright" he sighed at me "I hope you can take some time off for some wine and dine"

"sure I can" I smiled back "you'll be paying though!"