Avoiding Him

Phoenix's pov

YOU HAVE 16 MISCALLS
SEVEN MESSAGES
AND FOUR MISCALLS

I sighed as I turned my phone off. Miles was trying so hard to get in touch with me. A part of me felt guilty for ignoring him the way I am but what am I supposed to say? Hey honey I know you're busy trying to become cheif but I lost my attorneys badge for accidentally providing forged evidence. Can you please come home to give me hugs and affectation? God I'm such a idiot!

Trucy popped her head through the door "daddy what are you doing in your bed? It's time for action not sleeping!"

I lifted my head to look at her "what kind of action trucy?"

"Well if we're going to run a talent agency then we need to be talented" she walked up to me "I'm a magician so we already got me sorted out but what about you?" she paced back and forth, deep in thought before he face lit up "I got it! As a ex lawyer you should be good at reading your opponent. So you should become a ace poker player!"

"Well I do enjoy a bit of poker" I sat up and petted the small girls head "clever girl trucy. I'll work on that as soon as possible. Daddy needs to put food on his little girls table after all"

"hehe your a real good daddy. Just as good as my last one" trucy said brightly.

I felt myself choke up at her words. This whole time I felt like a complete screw up her words made me feel like I was actually doing something right!

"daddy?" her eyes looked concerned "what's wrong-"

I cut her off with a hug. I sobbed my heart out on that little girls shoulder. She didn't say a word. She simply hugged me back. Dear god what did I do to deserve such a bright and beautiful girl-

My thoughts were cut off by a knock on the door...