Going Out With Edgeworth

Phoenix's pov

"what time do you call this nick!" Miles tapped his foot angrily as he folded his arms. It was oddly cute dispite how much trouble I knew I was in!

"relax babe. I'm only ten minutes late" I smiled at him.

"no excuses!" Miles growled as he turned his back on me "we live together now. I shouldn't have to wait on you for a simple date night"

"I'm sorry honey" I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist "pleeease forgive me" I nuzzled into his shoulder affectionately.

"tch. I can't stay angry at you" he sighed as he gently took my hand "come along now. We can't afford to waste any more time"

I sighed as he dragged me along. He's as prim and proper as ever. God I love that man!

*time skip*

"so I was thinking of getting a dog to keep me company. Like missal"

"absolutely not" miles shook his head disapprovingly "I'm not coming home to a bunch of dog hairs around the good furniture!"

"oh you're no fun" I pouted "so how long is this next business trip of yours going to be?"

"about three weeks I'd say" miles muttered as he sipped on his coffee.

"aww I'm going to miss you" I sighed. It's just not going to be the same without him.

"I'll miss you too love" he stroked my cheek gently "but it's what I must do if I want to become cheif prosucuter"

"I think you'd make a great cheif prosucuter" I smiled at him.

"thank you. That means alot to me" he gave me that beautifully sincere smile of his that I've begun to see more of in the few months we've been dating before raising his coffee cup "to our fruitful careers as lawyers"

"and for a long lasting relationship" I raised my coffee cup.

We clinked cup and drank the bitter liquid, our hands intertwined. This is the life. I never want this happiness to end.