Going Out For Coffee

Phoenix's pov

"nick I suggest you keep up with me or I'm leaving you behind" miles muttered crossly.

The two of us have gotten surprisingly close since our day of cleaning the office. Normally we're stuck on first name bases and there's an uncomfortable stiffness in the air but now we've given each other nicknames and are a lot more casual. It's surprisingly nice.

"nick!" miles yelled as he tapped his foot inpatiently. He has a new coffee shop he wants to show me and is pretty uppity about not being late. Classic miles!

"sorry sorry" I said as I tried to keep up with him.

"I swear your doing this on perpose" miles folded his arms. No miles I'm just out of shape!

"maybe I find you cute when you're mad" I smirked.

His cheeks turned pink "you did not just say that"

"I did" I chuckled as the blushing boy glared daggers at me. I'm not at the stage where I can confess my feelings to him but I can at least make flirtatious comments in hopes he'll catch on!

"whatever Wright just come on" he grabbed my tie and dragged me along. Owch my poor neck!

Finally we made it to the coffee shop Miles was raving about.

Effocs coffee!

"wow this place is actually pretty cosy" I smiled as I took a seat.

"isn't it!" miles grinned "perfect for a date- I mean a date among friends of course!" he laughed nervously.

"oh of course" I laughed with him as my face turned red. Wait did he just say-

"oh look the coffees here!" miles said quickly. It's clear he wants to change the topic!

We spent the rest of the day in silence. Maybe things between us have gotten too casual!