Apollos Visit

Phoenix's pov

I hummed to myself as I swiped through Facebook tweets on my phone. Trucy was occupying the TV with old tapes of troop Gramaye so I was stuck on my phone. I'm starting to wonder who's really in charge here!

My mindless swiping was interrupted by a knock on the door. I opened it to see none other than the boy who defended me in court.

"apollo!" I greeted him happily "how are you buddy-"

"don't you buddy me!" he yelled angrily "I'm out of a job because of you!"

I sighed. I guess it was silly to think that he wouldn't be angry about me putting his boss away with forged evidence. He's a nieve boy who only believes in the pure truth after all.

"I just want to know why" he said with tears in his eyes "why did you use me like that? Why did you kill my career before it even began? please tell me what I did wrong!"

At that moment I saw Miles. Brokenhearted and vulnerable. I've hurt him again.

"you've done nothing wrong my love" I reached out and stoked his face. I wanted to hold him close and never let go. To keep my beloved Miles with me forever-

"Umm Mr Wright?" I opened my eyes to see that the person I was holding was not Miles but apollo!

"gah!" I back away quickly. The boy looked at me nervously. Great he must think I'm a real creep! "I'm so sorry apollo you just.. reminded me of someone dear to me"

"you lover right?" his eyes softened. My eyes widened. This kid catches on quick! He reminds me of Trucy in that way.

"gaven took everything away from me" I growled "my badge, my friend and even my lover! I couldn't let him get away with another crime. I'm sorry apollo. I know you believe in the truth above all else but I had to beat Gavin at his own game. It was the only way!"

Apollo nodded, clearly deep in thought before looking at me with a steely gaze "in that case let me work for you"

"eh?" I looked at him in surprise "why would you want to work for me after everything I did to you"

"like you said I believe in the truth above all else and if you're still the man I admired seven years ago then so do you" he said firmly "if you have been wronged by the court system like you said then I want to help you fix it. Your going to need a lawyer on your side after all" he smirked.

I felt a little choked up at his words. Other than Trucy no one's believed in me and certainly no one's offered to help me. I felt good.

I smiled and patted him on the shoulder "thanks apollo. You're a good kid"

"I still expect full wages for my work Mr Wright" apollo said firmly.

"haha I can tell you're not going to let me away with anything apollo" I slapped him on the back. He reminds me alot of miles in that way.

"dose this mean we finally have a new employee?" trucy poked her head in.

"hi there I'm apollo justice" he waved at her.

"hi there I'm Trucy Wright. A professional in magic!" she bounced up to him "so what's your talent?"

"uhh defending?" apollo looked very confused.

"hmm that doesn't sound too interesting. Don't worry we'll work on it!" she flashed him a reassuring smile.

"o-ok" he smiled nervously.

I chuckled at them. They're good kids. I can tell they're the ones who will save me from this darkness..