Young Love

Phoenix's pov

I was sitting with my kids apollo and Trucy watching one of trucys favourite Gramaye tapes (because apollo apparently never heard of them before) when-

"hello herr Forehead, herr Wright and Little fraulein" Klavier came walking in.

I groaned. I really hate that kid. Sure I realise his brother was the one responsible for me losing my badge but that doesn't mean I have to like him! He's way too cocky and glamorous for my liking!

Unfortunately Trucy and apollo seem to love the guy! They immediately turned to him and waved as he walked inside.

"ever heard of knocking Klavier" I rolled my eyes.

"ja my apologies herr Wright" Klavier chuckled as he took a seat next to apollo "so how's my favourite defense attorney doing?"

"oh I'm fine" he blushed slightly. Wait what!

"ah so you often say but I have to keep checking. You're very special to me" he booped him on the nose.

"everyone's special to you gavin. You're a rock god after all" apollo rolled his eyes.

"ja I suppose you're right" he chuckled nervously. Apollo looked to the side disappointed. Looks like I have to step in!

"I need to have a word with you" I grabbed Klavier by the chain and dragged him away, leaving a very confused trucy and apollo behind.

"herr Wright are you trying to kill me" Klavier rubbed his neck, looking annoyed.

I turned to him with one simple question "do you love apollo?"

That question was enough to turn his cheeks scarlet "herr Wright that's rather forward-"

"just answer the question rock boy" I growled.

"yes I do" he looked at me sincerely "I've never loved anyone like my little spitfire"

"then why are you dancing around like this" I folded my arms "if you love him like you say you do then you should ask him out"

"ah you make it sound so easy herr Wright" he sighed "after all I have no idea how my spitfire feels about me"

I placed a hand on his shoulder "trust me kid. I've been in a situation like this before and I know that these kinds of feelings will eat you up inside. He most likely feels the same way so just take a chance"

"you make a convincing argument herr Wright" he said thoughtfully.

"also" I grabbed him by the shirt "don't be a idiot! If you're suffering you tell him about it. You face your hardships together. Don't lose the one you love like I did"

"herr Wright" he looked at me with sadness in his eyes before giving me a smile "I understand. I promise I'll treat him well"

"you better. Break his heart and you'll have me to answer to"

"quite the protective father aren't you herr Wright" Klavier chuckled before walking up to apollo "schatz I would like to ask you out on a date"

"a d-date!" apollo yelped.

He nodded and gently took his hand "yes I will pick you up with a bunch of red roses. Red is your favourite colour no?"

"actually it's blue" apollo muttered, still looking stunned.

"ah then I shall get you blue roses. Would that be to your liking schatz?" he kissed the boys hand.

"y-yes it would" he stuttered as his face turned the same colour as his suit.

"wonderful. Then I'll see you tomorrow" he flashed him a smile before leaving.

"ohh that's so romantic" trucy squealed as apollo simply looked out the window with love struck eyes.

This scene reminded me so much of me and Miles. Back when we were young and happy. Back when I hadn't screwed everything up. I clenched my chest. It hurts.

"Mr Wright is everything ok?" I looked up to see apollo and Trucys worried faces.

I put on my biggest smile "yeah I'm fine you two don't worry"

"I can tell you're lying but I'll leave it for now" apollo muttered.

Trucy nodded firmly "me and polly can tell when you're lying daddy so just remember that!"

"oh no. I feel like I'm in trouble with you two around" I laughed, which seemed to make those two feel better.

Once they're backs were turned I shook my head "snap out of it phoenix" I told myself "he's gone now and he's not coming back! You've got those two to look out for. You can't make them worry like that. It's not fair on them!"

You have to move on...