Losing My Badge

Phoenix's pov

"heh you just couldn't help yourself could you herr Wright?"

"couldn't help what? Presenting solid evidence?"

"herr judge can we postpone this cross examination? I'd like to call a special witness"

The events of that day were spinning through my mind. The fatal mistake that cost me my badge. I was careless but I'm not the only one to blame. There's one other person who's under my suspicion.

Kristoph Gavin.

His little brother was the one who took my badge away but I'm way more suspicious of Kristoph than the kid. It was just the vibe I got at the meeting.

Fifteen chairmen loomed over me, ready to decide my fate. They all voted that I lose my badge. All but one. Kristoph Gavin. I should have been relieved that someone was on my side but there was something off about him. The biggest tip off was the smile on his face.

A satisfied grin.

I have a feeling he was behind this and was just using his brother as a scapegoat but I don't have any proof. Not yet anyway.

"daddy" Trucy ran up to me with a phone in her tiny hands. Her father abandoned her at that trail so it's up to me to take care of her "daddy someone's ringing you"

"thanks baby girl" I smiled at her as I took the phone out of her hands. My smile quickly turned to a frown when I saw who was calling me.

It was Miles.

I sighed. I'm not ready to face him yet. Not after what I done. So I hung up.

"huh? Why'd you hang up?" Trucy asked.

"daddy's not ready to face this person yet" I explained "he needs time to collect his thoughts"

"hehe adults sure are funny" trucy giggled.

"they sure are darling" I scooped her up in my arms. Trucys the only good thing that came out of this horrible situation. I have to protect her no matter what!