Meeting Apollo

Phoenix's pov

"this place isn't the fanciest but I must say this place has a.. certain charm to it. Wouldn't you agree?" Kristoph said as he sipped on his tea.

"yeah it does" I gritted my teeth as I forced a smile on my face. God I hate this guy. He took everything from me. My career, my badge, even the man I love. Well I suppose he didn't take Miles away from me. My own pride is to blame for that.

"uhh mr Gavin" a small boy in red came up to Kristoph "there's a call for you"

"ahh thank you Mr justice" he smiled at the boy before taking the call.

The boy turned to me "hello sir. You must be a friend of Mr Gavins. Though you don't look like the usual crowd he hangs with" he gestured to my clothes.

I chuckled "my names phoenix Wright"

"phoenix Wright!" the boys eyes lit up suddenly.

"have you heard of me?" I asked.

"of course I have. You're my inspiration!" he said excitedly "you and a certain other person are the reason I became a lawyer in the first place!"

"you're a lawyer?" I said in surprise. I honestly thought he was a receptionist "I'm sorry son. I didn't catch your name"

"apollo justice. Rookie attorney at Gavins law offices" he said proudly.

"Well apollo how about you ditch snotty Mr Gavin and come work for me" I grinned.

"uhh-"

"I see what you're trying to do Wright" Kristoph came up and placed his hands on apollos shoulders "Mr justice is a very talented young lawyer. I won't let him go so easily"

"of course not. I was just kidding" I forced a smile. Damn that Kristoph. He's taking a perfectly good kid and ruining him with the lies of how to truly win a court case. That sick ba-

"Mr Wright are you angry with Mr Gavin?" apollos question admittedly freaked me out. After all I can't let Kristoph know I suspect him of anything.

"of course not kiddo" I flashed him a big smile "why would you think that?"

"because I saw your jaw tighten, as if you were gritting your teeth" I stared at him in amazement. How did he see all that? Not even trucy can see things in that much detail!

Kristoph laughed as he patted apollo on the shoulder "now do you see why I think so highly of him? Mr justice has a gift. A gift to detect when people are lying in great detail. Like a living lie detector" he turned his attention "so tell me Wright. Why were you angry?"

I sweated nervous. Crap I gotta think of something quick "I was angry cause I lost my lover and it was mostly my fault"

"oh I'm so sorry Mr Wright" apollo said sincerely.

"yes a truly tragic situation" Kristoph muttered "I feel so sorry for you"

"if you feel bad for him Mr Gavin then why are you trying so hard not to smile?" apollo asked.

"oops. Now I'm the one who's been caught out on a lie" he chuckled.

I stood up, my blood boil. I've lost so much and he's sitting here smiling! Cruel. He's just cruel!

"is something the matter Wright?" Kristoph asked innocently.

I ignored him and walked straight up to apollo, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Mr Wright?" the boy muttered in surprise.

I smiled at him "you've impressed me kid. I've decided that if I'm ever in any trouble I want you as my lawyer"

"I would be honoured sir but wouldn't you prefer someone with more experience?" he asked.

I shook my head "you've got something special in you kid and I'm not just talking about your eyes. I can see it. Your a man that's after the truth and that's the kind of person I want fighting in my corner"

"ok. I won't let you down sir!" he said firmly before turning to gavin "did you hear that Mr Gavin. The Mr Wright what's me as his defense attorney!"

"calm yourself Mr justice. He hasn't been arrested yet"

"ah sorry sir"

I smiled at the boy. He's a good kid. Once I put his boss behind bars where he belongs I'm going to hire him at our talent agency.