A Visit From Edgeworth

Phoenix's pov

I could feel my hands shaking as the sweat dripped from my face. Atena was in detention, apollo had taken a leave of absence and trucy was being held hostage. My family I had built was being ripped away from me. I didn't know if I could handle it..

"Mr nick" I felt Pearl gently take my hand "its going to be ok. Please take a deep breath" she gave me a reassuring smile.

"y-you're right. Thank you" I smiled at the girl. She was now seventeen years old but she was still as sweet as the day I met her.

"no problem. Now let's get investigating!" she rolled up her sleeves determinedly.

I turned back to Investigate when...

"I take it you've been well Wright"

That voice.. It can't be!

I looked up to see none other than Miles Edgeworth himself! He looked older with glasses and a longer coat but it was still the same Miles!

I felt tears weld up in my eyes "miles I'm so happy-"

"keep your head down Wright. We have work to do" miles said harshly "after all nows our chance to end the dark age of the law"

I felt my heart sink. How could I be such a fool. Of course he wants nothing to do with me. Eight years isn't going to change that!

A boy followed behind him. He was short with a red coat like Edgeworths. Perhaps he's trying to mimic him?

"sir are you alright?" the boy asked "you look rather tense. Do you want me to give Fran a call?"

"I'm fine Sebastian" he patted the boys shoulder with a gentle smile "let's focus on the case shall we?"

"ok" he nodded before turning back to me. I gave him a reassuring smile. He gave me a confused look before following after Edgeworth.

I sighed. Looks like Miles has moved on with his life. He's got a apprentice and is even given the role of Cheif prosucuter..

He doesn't need me anymore.