Gumshoe The Wingman

Miles pov

"siiiiir" gumshoe burst through the door with a certain glint in his eye. I sighed. I can always tell this is going to be troublesome.

"what is it detective" I muttered as I sipped on my tea.

"uhh" he suddenly looked more nervous "Well you see sir I was at phoenix's house-"

"you were over with nick?" I stood up "why? Was maya arrested again?"

"oh no nothing like that sir- wait you call him nick?" the good detective looked very confused.

I could feel my cheeks turn red "yes he's my friend after all"

I could see the goofiest smile spread across his face "your friend? Is that all he is sir? Cause if there's more going on between you two then I'll be happy to help out"

I sighed. It's irritating but I have a feeling I can trust the Detective.

"detective this is for your ears only. Is that understood?"

"yes sir" he gave me a goofy salute.

I took a deep breath "me and phoenix have been friends for as long as I can remember but recently I've been.. feeling differently around him. I think I'm in love detective. In love with my best friend" I looked away in shame.

"sir I think you should tell him how you feel-"

"no!" I cut him off quickly "I don't want to ruin everything. After all I've done horrible things in the past. It's a wonder he doesn't hate me"

"he knows that you're a different person now sir!" gumshoe insisted.

"perhaps but there's no way he'd fall in love with me" I shook my head "after all he's fully aware of what a monster I am"

"sir you're not a monster!" gumshoe yelled "you're a kind and compassionate man and phoenix knows that"

"gumshoe" I looked at him with a gentle smile "I understand that you're trying to make me feel better but.. I think I'd like to be alone now"

"ok sir" gumshoe sighed before exiting.

Once I heard the door close behind me I walked out to my window and stared down at the traffic below. Somehow it calmed me.

I sighed. Why dose my life have to be so difficult?