Chapter 4

The movie ended with all the credits for the sponsors, names of the casts which I think I already memorized, and some bloopers. I don't know how many times I've watched this, but for me, it would never be old. "That was cool! It made me hungry." Britney turned off the TV and turned the lights on. While I stretched and yawned, Charlie fixed her head on my shoulders. I bet she almost fell asleep.

I looked around after the lights blinded my eyes. "Me too. What can we eat?" I asked. When I watch Marvel movies, nothing in the world bothers me. Even hunger, sleepiness, or texts and calls from important people. Watching action movies is my priority.

We all stood up from the bed, but Charlie is still stretching. So, she really slept. At least she didn't snore. "Follow me. We'd get food in the fridge." She grinned and walked out the door. I hope we would get something that I can eat. I'm kind of sensitive to food. When I said sensitive, I don't mean allergic or averse, but something I don't like. There are tons of foods I don't enjoy eating. Like avocados and for no reason is orange juice. I don't know why but I eat pure orange but not anymore when it becomes a juice. Maybe because I get disgusted by the pulp bits.

Same to raisins. I eat it when it's alone but when people mix it with salad; I spit it most of the time. That's what I don't understand. My hands ran through the cases of the stairs while we all tried our bests not to make a noise. Until Charlie's feet crossed, making her skip one step and making the stairs creak. My eyes widened. I don't even know why we're trying not to get noticed when we're not doing anything illegal. "Darn, sorry guys!" She whispered but it was too late.

The lights behind us got turned on and I heard a door creaking in as it opened. "Who's there?" I recognized the manly and chilly voice from the back. I slowly tilted my head around and found Eros in a pair of blue pajamas and a sweater covered with a beige cardigan with the number five on its right side. He's Britney's sister who studies in a different school and is a baseball player. I forgot that he's just her step-sister. They aren't real siblings.

"Hey," she awkwardly greeted trying to tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear while smiling with her teeth out. "What are you guys up to? It's almost two in the morning." My eyes moved from him to Britney who I figured out already had her eyes on me. I gulped when I found out what she wanted me to do. Apparently, back then, she found Eros' journal where he wrote that he had a crush on me. But that was then. I don't know if he feels the same way until now.

No matter what, I still have to use my charm. I faked a smile, "we're just hungry so, you know... we'd get food. Like an early breakfast since it's almost morning as you said." I was grinding my teeth underneath my smile. This is awkward!!! I said inside my head in a melodic tone.

From a confused face with lines on his forehead and a question mark on top of his head, he turned to have red marks on his cheeks and a few hearts running around his head together with a smile. "Oh, hi Shane! Umm, go ahead. Enjoy the night." He immediately waved his hands and ran back to his room. He shut the door louder than how the stairs scrapped earlier.

They began giggling. Charlie even had her hands on her tummy while leaning on the walls but she pressed her lips to stop laughing too hard. Same to Britney who covered her mouth with her hands and even closed her eyes. I sighed seeing them chuckle at me trying to charm Eros. Nothing was even funny about what I did. "You guys should thank me." I rolled my eyes and continued walking down. I still feel like a dumb girl when I mentioned early breakfast. That was insanely stupid.

I heard their footsteps following me. I was so sleepy earlier but I know I won't be able to sleep later because I just watched a movie I can't get over about even if it's not my first time anymore. Charlie turned the lights on and I headed to the fridge. Sleeping in this house as we live here makes us memorize all the corners of this place. So we already know where the switches are located and all the supplies. Uncle Cole who is Britney's dad also told us that we're free to get food whenever we want to.

The chilly breeze ran to my face and the slight lights inside made the foods shine. Nachos, fries, soda, some seasonings and sauces, leftover dishes...

Aha!

Snickers.

I grabbed three snickers and left the door of the fridge open after feeling Charlie standing behind me waiting for her turn to grab some snacks. I leaned on the kitchen walls with the sachets in my hands as I took my first bite of the chocolate. "We're here for snacks not for dinner." I rose my eyebrows when I saw her take the waffles. I wanted to take them too but I don't feel like it. Because I think it's too early.

"Uh-huh, well, you just said earlier that we're here for early breakfast." I frowned.

"No, I didn't say anything like that."

"Really?" My eyes turned bigger when I realized what she meant. Oh yeah. I did say that.

"Never mind." I rolled my eyes and scratched my nails through my jeans. "That was pretty good though." She took a bite and they laughed... again.

That's why I would never talk to any guys in front of them. I suck at it.

"Whatever," I grabbed a glass of water and took a sip. I forgot to add a little ice making it too hot for me. But I don't care because it was freezing cold in her room.