Chapter 19

First, he crashed into my peaceful student life by being my teacher and now that I'm at this party, he's here too. This is the only place I can have a little bit of fun after seeing his face in class, which I didn't want to happen. And that fast, I already lost Kobie from my sight. But I don't mind. He should be there enjoying his life before a girl would ruin it.

I walked and didn't even notice I reached the kitchen. The tables were filled with red cups and bowls of potato chips. I took one bowl and inserted some into my mouth as they easily melted because of the thin layers they were sliced into.

Seeing people younger than me drink a lot of cans of beer makes me feel like I'm no fun. But at least I don't have an addiction problem with a beverage like that. I leaned on the walls beside the stove and sighed. I looked up at the ceiling and found the gigantic chandelier stuck on it.

I felt the footsteps of a man wearing black boots coming toward me and when I looked up from his shoes, I immediately recognized his glossy lips and his brown, wavy hair. Arthur, with a devilish smirk, walked towards me and took one of the red cups from the table then leaned on it facing me. My eyes were locked on him as he smiled at me as if nothing had happened years ago.

As if he was never mine and I was never his. "What?" I finally had the gut to speak.

He rose his shoulders and shook his head. "What's what?" I rolled my eyes thinking he was playing dumb.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I crossed my arms and placed the bowl down on the stove beside me.

"Like what?" He confidently replied after taking a sip on the cup filled with alcohol.

"Like we're good." The music turned louder so I had to raise my voice.

"Aren't we?" Wow. And he has the guts to say something like that.

"You really think we are?" I was in a good mood earlier but now, I'm grumpier than ever.

"Well, maybe we are?"

"After everything?"

"Look, I'm sorry I made you look like a fool in front of the whole class earlier, it was my fault and I'm really sorry." I was thinking he would say sorry about what he did before. But he didn't.

He's saying sorry about making me look like a fool in class earlier when he never said anything back when I wanted him to?

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

He speaks like he knows what he's talking about.

"You would never change," I rolled my eyes again and walked out leaving him alone in that kitchen. It's like he turned off a light switch to forget about all the memories we have made.

It's like the pain, the insult, and the anger got all together and attacked my brain. Now, I don't know what to do. Because all the responses rushed into my mind and I can't decide which one should I allow to take over me. "Hey! I was looking everywhere for you!" I heard a very familiar girly voice behind me and the sense of touch was sent to my arm.

I looked behind me and found both Charlie and Britney together. "Hey," I acted normal. They never knew about Arthur. I mean, yes, he's our teacher but I told them nothing about our relationship. I want to but I don't know when I should.

"Come on! I found a sofa there," she grabbed me by the arm, and was left with no choice but to follow her. Charlie on the other side had Chance wrapped around her arms. So far, they're the strongest couple I know in my entire twenty-one years of existence.

She landed on the gray couch filled with thick layers of cotton. I sat beside her and then rested my head on its back. "It's a little too noisy here," Charlie almost screamed.

"Yeah, but at least it's not like the party we attended last week." Chance has his arms wrapped around Charlie and she looked up at him with their hands tied then laughed.

"What was that party last week?" I asked.

"From my dad's best friend's party. We weren't informed it was filled with old people who had problems with hearing so the music ended up damaging our eardrums." Chance stated which made everyone laugh. When I was already getting back the good mood I lost earlier, it was ruined again when I felt Arthur sitting right next to me.

I wanted to keep my head still but I couldn't help it. I looked back and found him calmly smiling while rubbing the fabric of his pants. "Hey guys," he rose his hands slightly to greet us.

And of course, the three little innocent kids greeted him back trying their best to be polite saying "hello, sir,"

"We're at a party, not at school so don't call me that. It's okay," he's done trying to hide his secrets from me and now he's in his nice guy act.

"Seriously?" Everyone's smile turned to frowns and I added. "What are you doing here?"

"Shane..." I felt Britney's cold hands pressing my arm trying to warn me.

"Umm, I was invited by Tristan." I rolled my eyes.

"I mean as you can see this is a for friends only space." I'm such a nice girl and I can say it because most people compliment me about it. Not that I'm proclaiming it by myself but because I've heard what they say about me. But for him, I can be bad like how I broke myself for him a million times. "Well, Tristan said I can sit everywhere I want to."

He still hasn't changed. He's still that guy I met who is confident, always defends himself, and never lets anyone get over him. "That doesn't mean you'd have to ruin people's life." I'm not yet drunk. Haven't even taken one cup but I already don't know what I'm talking about.

"Umm, what?" He rose his shoulders.

"That's what you're very good at." I crossed my arms.

"Umm, what?"

"That! Playing dumb all the time."

"Shane, you're being a little rude to our teacher." She whispered through my ears but I have the courage to scream it out loud just enough for all of us sitting on the sofa to hear it. "Come on, sis! He said it himself, we can disrespect him because he's just a normal person now that we're not in school anymore."