Chapter 8

I can't help thinking about the stupid thing that Eros did to me. When I see dogs, it makes me laugh because it reminds me of how I got too nervous and ran away. Then he faked his fainting situation to make me laugh, but I ended up scolding him instead. Funny that he's older than me and he let me be mad at him. Now that's a man taking the consequence of his deeds.

Britney's mom drove me home last night. Of course, she knew nothing about her son's actions. I bet he got so nervous that I would tell his mom. But I'm not that evil. I know how to play games with players.

The remote control flew in the air as I threw it at Kobie. He's in the same school as Eros. Honestly, our mom and dad enrolled us in the same school. But after figuring out that my best friends would study in a different school, I told them about it and switched my campus choice instead.

And I regret nothing about it. Except for not being able to spend more time with my other best friend who is Peter, right before he died. If I only knew tenth grade was his last school year, then I could have invited him to my house every single day so I could spend more and more time.

"Hey!" He complained as the TV remote dropped on the cup of Coca-Cola he was holding.

What did I do? That's normal with us. It always happens.

I walked closer to him and sat beside him while he tried to wipe it with his shirt. "You should have just given it to me with your hands instead of making it fly! Now one of my favorite shirts of all time is stained!" I shook my head and leaned my head at the back of the sofa.

Honestly, at first, there was no television here. You know what I mean, right?

Rich people things.

Mom and dad don't watch TV because they both prefer reading magazines and they're too busy with their businesses so they don't have time for more entertainment. Until I and Kobie begged for one so they bought one for us which we often use to watch Netflix, YouTube videos, and some cartoons I like.

That's proof of how much they spoil us when it comes to materials we need in our lives. If they only know how to spoil us with love and time, then we might not wish for anything better. I still should be thankful for all of these things they do for us. Because some kids out there can't afford a small house. So I have nothing to complain about.

"That's your karma for soaking my socks into a pail of vinegar." Before the school year ended, he did that thing to me.

My friends invited me to the cinema then, of course, I looked for an outfit I could use. Furthermore, as I was browsing through my closet, already done wearing my sweaters and shirt, I was confused about where my socks were at that time. I almost lifted our house upside down looking for them but I failed.

I searched for the laundry, I even searched for them in the bathroom and in my mom and dad's room. Until when I came to the kitchen, I was startled by a very strong smell that bothered my nose a lot. I looked for it for so long until I froze in front of our fridge when I found a pail filled with stinking vinegar that smelled so sour. I held my head closer to it where I found my socks soaked in it.

That was the worst experience I ever had in my whole life. At least Charlie had an extra pair of socks in her bag which she let me use. Luckily, our feet size was the same. Or else, I could have murdered my own brother before watching a creepy movie.

"I told you, that's for a science project!" I rolled my eyes.

"I was also once a ninth grader but I was never asked to do that." That was not true. Because I actually did that experiment too but I used brand new socks for it which I bought in a department store near us. I was not like him who used his sister's property without permission.

"Well, you were in a different school means we have different lessons." And he didn't even notice I was lying.

"We're in the same country so we're both under the same education system!" My smirk proved how much of a great actress I am.

"But what can I do? It was our assignment given by our professor." I never thought he cares about his grades and his reputation as a student.

"Still, you should have used your own socks instead of mine." He turned on the TV and girls wearing pink shirts on mats came out as they rose their hands, flexed their feet, bent their heads, jumped several times, and laughed along as they tried to do some workout stunts. This show reminds me of my promise again. I don't like working out.

"The directions were saying do not use your school socks. Then I used yours." I've never read any workbook with that kind of instructions.

"Stupid." That was all I said at his statement.

"Anyway, it's your tenth-grade year, right?" I asked then he nodded

"Yeah, what's the deal with it?" He took a sip from his cup.

Disgusting!

That's where the remote control landed earlier and he wasn't even bothered to spit it out, throw it and get another one, or not drink it anymore. Boys will be boys.

"Nothing, just be aware of your geography classes. That's twenty percent of your final grade and your Mathematics is thirty percent." Another set of lies from my mouth. Geography is a minor subject and only eats ten percent while Math is the real twenty percent taker in the final grade.

"I would rather skip school than take Math classes." He laughed and rolled his eyes. I don't know how in the world boys can roll their eyes better than girls do.

"Like you always do." I giggled as I shook my head.