Chapter 40

That day when I walked out, I cried a lot at home realizing how far we've come. From nice strangers to a toxic couple. I almost took my lungs out of my body for crying so much that night. I never heard him scream at me like that before. He used to scream when we fight but not like that where I really saw how mad he was and how much he was trying to defend himself.

The next day, I did nothing but lie on my bed. Kobie was having his rehearsals while mom and dad were not home because of their work. So no one noticed I didn't get out of my room or even ate. I acted like my whole life was depending on him. But he never did the same to me.

Until I felt pebbles being thrown to my window, which startled me and made me stand up to check who was throwing pebbles. I narrowed down the window where I found Arthur looking up at me with his hands slightly covering his eyes to avoid the sunlight. He waved his hands at me but I ignored him.

I ran back to my bed not wanting to go down there because I was overthinking about the situation the day before that. All I had in my mind was why he didn't go to my side and defended his sister instead. I understand why he did that. She's his sister and if I were him, I would do the same, but the problem was that he knew she was wrong for throwing all those stupid jokes.

Even though I tried a few times to ignore his cold calls from the window and the stones he threw and later when he knocked on my door, I was really weak. As if he casted a very strong spell to me making me run down the stairs with the wind in my hair as I walked through the door and opened it.

He smiled at me and I did the same. I opened the door wider and let him in. He removes his shoes first before getting in, acting like he was all nice. I took one of the seats beside the table and he took the one facing me. With my hands rested on the table calmly, my eyes met his deep ones sending chills to my nerves. "Why are you here?" I looked away and held my sight to the fridge instead.

"I want to apologize from what happened yesterday, I know I was wrong for not defending you as my girlfriend and going on my sister's side though in the first place, I knew she was so wrong for doing al those things to you."

I took a deep sigh and finally afforded to look at him. "Okay," was all I said.

I didn't want to look like the villain or the bad guy in that situation so I had no choice but to forgive him in the name of not being the one the suspect.

"So, are we good now?" Until now, I can't believe I was able to forgive him that easily. I was such a fool for being that weak just because he was around.

It was proof of how dumb I was in the past.

"Yeah, I guess so." I faked another smile. Then he nodded.

"Umm, that's great. But anyway, I already feel like I'm about to burst into pee so can I use the bathroom?" I rose my eyebrows in agreement together with a nod.

"Of course, it's right there." I pointed my finger at the door close to us. It was the main room we had in that house. We had our restrooms in our own rooms but that was the main one. Everyone in the house even visitors uses that.

That time, I thought everything was alright already. I thought we were good and we fixed what we should have fixed right from the start. Little did I know that the games haven't begun.

He immediately ran to it and shut the door. I was left on the table wondering if I wasn't that hurt if I was a man. I took a deep breath until I noticed he left his phone on the table.

I wanted to just leave it there but a part of me was saying that I should get that and open it. I don't know where that feeling came from. But I felt the need to open it. First, I looked around then leaned forward to grab it. Nervousness surrounded my whole body as I tried to open it and realized there were no passwords or pins to be used to open it so I was free to check on it.

I was like a little kid sneaking on her dad's phone for no reason. My mind uselessly took me to that situation. My fingers automatically tapped the messages button like a robot. They already knew what they had to do. I scrolled down and my jaw dropped for what I saw.

It was the worst of the worsts.

I didn't know how to react.

I was unsure if I would fake a smile like I always did, or just laugh along with it, or run to the bathroom and scold him about it.

I pressed my lips, trying not to be too emotional. I gulped.

That's the day I knew he was cheating on me.

There were words on his phone like:

'Babe #1' which wasn't me because of the conversation I couldn't recognize. But the words they used to talk to each other were very flirty.

Under it was 'Babe #2' which wasn't also me. I was clueless about who those two other girls were but he used sweet words to talk to both.

Under that was 'Babe #3' where I recognized the conversation.

I realized it was my number.

It was only then that I realized that I was not the first, there were two more before me who were probably more important, more beautiful, and he needed more.

Knowing that he cheated on me already hit hard on me. But noticing that I was not the original girl he loved, hurt me more.

I was like an ice being crushed in an ice crusher and he was that ice crusher.

I wasn't mad, I wasn't sad, I was disappointed at myself for being such a fool. I didn't know it at first but that time that I did, I decided to calm myself down though it was hard.