Chapter 27

A few seconds after Miss Smith officially stated that Arthur was going to be our new journalism team instructor, there he went so perfectly marching in with those black leather shoes and brown pants together with a white polo shirt. His wavy hair was pointed at me as if it was saying hi like the day I held it was just yesterday.

"For now, I am temporarily saying goodbye. I know you all can make it without me. I believe in every single one of you! I know you would still be a good team since you're under a great instructor's supervision. I'll be back soon. I would just go on a vacation for three months and will come back soon."

I faked a smile, feeling his eyes held on me as I watched Miss Smith tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I'll miss you, ma'am!" I greeted her, and she smiled more. I guess nice days with a nice teacher are over. And chaotic days with a stupid teacher have now started.

After taking a bow, she began walking out of the room and Arthur's voice rasped in. "So, where do we start this?" He scratched the back of his neck, looked at the ground, and slightly giggled. I couldn't help but roll my eyes because of all his actions.

I don't deserve this. He's the person I don't want to see ever again. But now, I'm bound to see him twice every day. That's the worst thing I know. "Start from the beginning of the end?" I held my eyes on the notebook placed on the side table of my armchair though there is nothing to look at because the page is empty.

"What if the end never began?" He asked; He crossed his arms and began watching me stare at the blank paper.

"Every end has a beginning," I stated.

I rolled my eyes again and then started playing with the pencil in my hands. "But not every beginning ends. What if that thing you're talking about didn't actually end"

"Everything has an end. Lies, our lives, and this world." My emotions are starting to take over me again.

"That's so far away from what I said," it silenced me, making me realize that he was right. I'm fighting about something that I know is off the topic. But still, how am I supposed to calm down when I'm in front of this guy?

"Nothing is ever too far away," that was all I could whisper. And he didn't reply about it.

He just automatically changed the topic. "Who in here are the members of the Cartooning group?" Four guys rose their hands and he nodded while I kept my head held down.

"We're supposed to be here for the try-outs but since there's only a few of us. You all are now part of the team. No one would be disqualified or out anymore." The happiness was shown on every single member's face.

I should be as happy as them but not anymore knowing that he's about to be our instructor for the next three months. It makes me want to quit and come back when Miss Smith has returned.

Britney looked at me with a thick smile written on her face. I faked a smile so she won't see that I'm not that happy about what Arthur mentioned. "To the four guys who are in the Cartooning group, sketch something with the topic climate change and we will discuss it tomorrow. That's your homework as you thought of it already," they nodded.

I don't know why am I taking note that I'm not even in that group. All I know is that I'm doing my best to avoid making eye contact with him. "Raise your hand if you're in the Editorial group." Britney and one other girl rose their hands.

"Create an Editorial article about the issue on this year's election. We will discuss that tomorrow, make sure to proofread it first and prepare a printed copy for me." They nodded their heads and took notes of what he said and I did the same for no reason.

For some time, I haven't held my head up yet. "Feature group," I rose my hand.

"Nice. Write something about your worst experience. Proofread it and prepare a printed copy for me." I wrote down every single word he said in my notebook and then closed it.

Finally, I had the gut to look up at him and observe the same old face I used to touch before. The rosy cheeks I always kissed, those beautiful eyes that were always locked on mine, and most especially, his sharp nose that I used to press with my hands whenever we tease each other.

Back when we were still loving each other until we faced the bad times and couldn't stay as strong as the others.

He continued assigning each group what they have to make. Weather for the News group, researching for the Radio Broadcasting, and some memes for the Entertainment cluster. I wish I'm a member of them because I have a folder full of memes on my laptop which I get from Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, or sometimes Instagram. I won't have to surf the internet for such long hours about that.

"Okay, that's all for today, see you all tomorrow." Everyone stood up and rushed to the exit door as if there is a prize money waiting for whoever makes it first. "Are you ready?" Britney asked.

I smiled and held my notebook, "you should go now, I still have to go to Miss Puff, she called me." That was a lie.

"Oh, sorry for that." We all know who that teacher is. The worst of the worsts. So, I'm not confused about why she said sorry.

I should be the one to apologize for lying. But I want to do something I don't want anyone to witness.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I spoke and slowly put my binders and notepads into my bag so she can leave without me. I closed the zip and took a deep breath.

I'm not sure about this but it's the only way I can get all my questions answered.