Chapter 10

It took us half an hour before the entire classroom got filled. Everyone here is already familiar with me. Some of them are my classmates from last year and some are from middle school. Besides, we all study on one campus so we know each other and we don't need to introduce ourselves. Well, if the teacher won't demand it.

As I expected, when Charlie arrived, she sat beside her boyfriend. And Olivia is still my classmate, which I wish is not true. Including Nate, Tristan, and some more mean girls in pink. At least Nate is not as mean as his girlfriend anymore. Ever since he and Britney had been dating, he changed a lot. I can see how much her influence affects him. When they broke up, I thought he would be back to his normal self but instead, he remained the same Nathan Maddox he was when Britney and he were secretly dating.

If they weren't siblings, then they could have been such a perfect couple. It already has been proven when Britney was able to turn Nate into a nice guy. Back then, some people even fear of walking toward him or talking to him, but she had the courage to change him and to love him more than anyone has ever done before. That's what I think is true love.

Not the one where a boy meets a girl in one place and would hang out until the girl falls in love, then he would never show up again.

Gosh! What the heck was that?

Why am I even thinking of it?

My arms were rested on the table. I've been staring at Britney for a long time now. She's watching Nate talk to the people around him and I can see in her widely opened eyes how many tears she wants to cry out loud but is trying to hold them all back. I feel bad that she has to leave him for good because siblings would never work out.

And the fact that she found out the truth in the harshest way makes me feel sad for her. I can imagine how hard it would be if I would be in her place. I looked away from her and smiled with my hand catching my chin from falling down. I looked up at the clock above the chalkboard and found the time saying "7:59"

Whoever the professor is, he or she only has one minute left to arrive. I guess life would be the same as it was in tenth grade whereas I would never have to worry about being late because professor Andrea back then has always been late. So, I guess for the second time, there's nothing wrong with being late.

One rule has been relieved! It died last year when our professor was very strict when it comes to time. But now, we're the ones to be strict with our teachers. I'm jealous of Charlie that she didn't have to bear with that grumpy professor we had in eleventh grade. He was tougher than any other teacher.

Finally! Waiting no more. The door creaked as it opened when a man carrying a brown suitcase marched in and placed his books on the table. The white long sleeves fit him especially because of the folded part of the sleeves exposing his veiny arms.

His black wavy hair was bouncing through the brightness of the light above him and with no words, he faced the board and grabbed the chalk then began scratching it leaving white marks aligned on it.

He moved away and it made me able to read what he wrote.

"Carter Dane"

It was encircled with red chalk and was also underlined by the same color. Carter Dane? I frowned. He took a deep breath and threw the marker in its place before. Kind of messy. "Good morning class! Sorry I'm three minutes late here I am already so there's nothing to worry about anymore." A bright smile appeared on his face. The last time I saw a bright smile on a guy's face was three years ago.

But that was very fake.

I don't want to talk about it anymore.

The whole class giggled at his statement and so he continued. "As you can see, on the board, I wrote my name. I am Carter Dane. That rhymes well but anyway, you can call me professor Carter. I would be your main teacher." He rose the sleeves of his cloth and it exposed his veiny hands more.

Those hands remind me of someone who I don't want to think about, to be honest. "So, there would be six subjects for you all and it would be: Math, science, English, Calculus, Creative Writing, and most of all, I bet this is what you guys are waiting for because it's the easiest one it would be cookery."

For some, he might be right but not for me. They love the cookery subject so much but I think it's the most boring subject of all time. Because there's nothing you do but cook and cook and cook. What I love is Creative Writing. It's the only subject where I can express all the pain and the truth that has been passed on to me. it's also a way for me to escape from the stupid reality of life.

"I would be your math teacher and for the science as well because the one who's supposed to be just has been fired. Don't worry, that would only be temporary. Aha! What another rhyme again." They continued giggling and I couldn't help but giggle too.

Honestly, there's nothing funny. But I've never seen any professor as witty as him before. And I guess I'm getting the hang of it. "Your English teacher is Miss Kyla Fortuner, and for Creative Writing, it would be one of the best teachers of all time, Mr. Arthur Culpo."

Arthur what?

Did I hear him say Arthur Culpo?

The name echoed in my ears when I heard him say it.

If there's one name I would never want to hear ever again, that's it. What I just heard. I didn't even notice that I already stood up and caught everyone's attention. "Who's the Creative Writing teacher?" I almost screamed, but when I felt Britney's hands on my arm, I realized what I was doing.

"Arthur Culpo. Got some problems with that?" After hearing him confirm it, my eyes widened, and was too shocked to keep on standing so I landed on my chair.

It's not a nightmare.

It's real.

Arthur Culpo is my next Creative Writing teacher...

I guess my favorite subject would be what I hate the most in the world now.

I'm supposed to love it, but I don't think I still can.