Chapter 46

After that brutally honest conversation with him, he drove me back to my house, and we waved goodbye to each other. I guess that is the last ride I had with him. It was fun.

Not the ride, but the times I spent along with him. I didn't expect that one day, my best friend's brother will be my boyfriend. He used to be cold, mysterious, funny, shy, and flirty at the same time.

Sounds stupid, but that's Eros. Little did I know I was about to spend time with him just to get Arthur out of my head. I feel bad for doing that, but I already did it. As they say, you will only feel conscience in the end.

Never in the beginning. Except for when you're perfect. But I'm not perfect so I couldn't feel it before. He made me feel the best in the world. Midnight snacks in his car are a dream come true. Arthur and I had never done that during the days we were dating.

Wearing his cardigans, shirts, and sometimes his hoodies is such a great feeling. I always loved the way his smell got stuck to the clothes he let me borrow. Looking at his beautiful eyes was enough to make me feel energetic for the rest of the day. And most especially, whenever I see his smile, it helps me get through the tough times. It proves how huge his impact is on me.

One hilarious thing about our relationship is that we never fought even just once. When he knows fire is about to start, he immediately pours water into it and if he can sense that we're about to explode, he will put a cork on the bottle to not let the champagne out.

He's calm and too kind. That's what I love the most. He doesn't let us burn with fire. He lets us shine with the sun. I hope, the next girl he would date can see how grateful she should be for having him. He's one in a million. There's only one Eros Dean and no one else can be like him. No one is as loving as him.

And I wish that he can finally be happier with her. I know he was happy with me, but I also know that it wasn't the right happiness we were looking for. There is no way that I will never see him again.

Considering the reason that he's my best friend's brother and my stepbrother's schoolmate. We're in the same country, same town, the same world so there is no freaking way that we won't meet again. Soon, we will. And that soon might be just tomorrow, the next day, next week, or whatever. But when we do, we're not the way we were before.

We would be back to acting like we're friends. No more casual talks, no more midnight snacks in his cardigan, no more picking me up for a date, and morning walks on Saturdays. He would be a normal person to me and I would be a normal person to him too.

I sighed before changing the channel of the TV. I've been browsing through the different channels for thirty minutes now. Yet, I haven't found the right show I want to watch. I haven't seen anything I'm interested in. Like Award Shows, Music videos, movies I haven't watched, or cooking programs. It makes me feel frustrated that I can't tell anyone about this again. Just like how I was with Arthur.

She would kill me if she finds out I'm dating his brother.

Hold up, no!

That is so wrong.

She would kill me if she finds out that I dated his brother.

Now that's better.

I know she will be mad so I can't just walk up to her and tell her about this. She always said that Eros doesn't deserve me. Based on her, he's too idiotic and I'm a lot smarter. But as I can see, Eros never deserved me.

He's everything I dreamt about. But here I am being ungrateful for having someone like him. "It's three in the morning. You still have school tomorrow, right?" I looked up at me and found my stepmom standing in a pink sweater with pajamas covering her thighs.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" She asked and sat beside me.

"I should be asking you that." She smiled.

"Well, I'm okay." I lied.

"Even if you're not my real daughter, I can tell whether you're fine or not. And the Shane I know never stays up too late when she's okay. Unless she's busy studying." I forgot that I have a stepmom. Aside from my best friends. Because of her too much business, I forgot she exists.

"There's this one guy..." I cut my words by taking a deep breath.

"What about that one guy?" I don't think she will understand. She's so much older than me. Come what may...

"Do you know Britney?"

"Britney Dean? The girl you used to play Barbies with in here back when you were kids? Yeah," I didn't think she does.

"Well, her brother... Eros." I can't believe I'm confessing to my mom.

"Oh," she reacted.

"We fell in love but I realized one thing: That the happiness I was feeling with him was not what I looked for. He is good, honestly. But, I feel like I need someone else. And I don't know who that person is." I stated.

"You know what, I've been on that stage before. Your father and I met when we were in our second year of college. We dated for a year and I thought I was being the happiest I could ever be. But we broke up after I thought he wasn't the right guy. I found this other guy who always reminded me of him. Throughout the days, I was happy. But I knew I missed your dad. I knew I needed him. He acted cold as if he moved on, but I came back to him when I realized I still love him." It was a long statement with no breaks.

"What's the point?"

"The point is, when he's the right guy, no matter how many times you fight, you break up, hate, and sulk, you will come back to him. Because he's the one!" She's right. If I know he's the right guy, I will come back to him. But...

How can a narcissistic psychopath who dated three girls at the same time be the right guy?

"How would you know if he's the one."

"You feel it."

"How can you say dad is the one for you when you fight every day?"

"Because I don't want anyone else but him. I can waste my time with other rich handsome guys out there but it's only him I want. Even if we fight all the time, I know he's the one for I've never been this happy."

"How are you being happy with arguing with him?"

"I don't know but... with him, I feel fine though I'm not."

We feel the same.

When I'm with Arthur and we fight, I feel like I'm calm when the truth is that I'm already panicking. I feel happy when the truth is that I'm sad.