Chapter 31

The week was fine. Just fine. Not good, not bad.

Monday was surprising; seeing Arthur after three years is something that surprised me.

Meanwhile, Tuesday was chaotic, but great at the same time. I found out the truth that hurts which I wasn't supposed to be shocked about. That Arthur is only back for his job and not for me. Never. On the other hand, I finally told Britney and Charlie about my past relationship. I guess it's not a secret anymore and I don't have to worry about Eros telling it to them anymore.

On Wednesday, we went home early because of the Earth Quake Drill hosted by the principal and we only had Creative Writing as a subject that day. If only the subject doesn't exist or the teacher, then it was a day with no school work.

I can't believe that I am already hating the subject I used to love.

Last Thursday was the first-ever day I didn't take part in the class. I kept my head held down throughout the whole long hours I was there. I took notes but didn't recite or answer any questions thrown by the teachers to me. Especially the ones by Arthur. I thought it would give me detention, but they ignored me as if I was invisible when I didn't respond to their questions. Until now, I feel guilty about what I did. It was not just idiotic but also foolish.

And for the last day of the first week of 2nd phase of Senior Year, I did nothing but watch the teachers teach us. It made me shiver as I watched Arthur teach me as if we never dated. But I know that he knows he's the only person who can tell which smiles am I faking. And that I'm breaking my own heart by looking at him with the memories carried by my back.

Today is finally Saturday. Start of the weekends. These are the only two days that I can completely avoid Arthur. I can't ignore him at school since he always makes his way to ask me questions and I don't know why but sometimes I feel like he's trying to embarrass me in front of the entire class.

But since today is Saturday, no school, no journalism, or anything involving class, I am free from his craps. "Bye!" I greeted Kobie as I walked out the door.

At first, he didn't notice me walking past him. But when I almost fell after tripping a little, he held down his phone and frowned while observing me from head to toe. From my hair down to my three inches heels. "Where are you going?" I rolled my eyes and didn't mind him.

"See you later!" I screamed, leaving our house, and walked towards Eros' car. Earlier, he called me if we can see each other tonight. I don't know what he wants to do but this is the only way I can spend my Saturday night. I don't want to end up lying in bed, staring at the ceiling and remembering the memories of the old us. I buckled up my seatbelt and checked myself in the mirror of his car.

I leaned at the back of the seat and narrowed at him. The bright smile on his face confirms that I didn't disappoint him with my outfit. "What?" I awkwardly asked.

"Umm, ah... nothing. You... just, look, nice..." I nodded and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"I honestly have no idea." As I expected.

I chuckled, "same,"

"What do you want to do?" He inquired.

"I just said I have no idea," I repeated.

"What about something that you always dreamed of, maybe we can do it tonight?"

"Let me think about it..."

I held down the window and looked at our house. Silence lay beneath us while I watched the stars collide. I took a deep breath and still didn't say a word.

"Umm, I'm sorry that this is even a problem for us." I frowned and faced him.

"What?"

"I mean, this thing. That our first date is even a problem because we both don't know what we should do." He disappointedly chuckled.

"It's not your fault," I said. "I have an idea."

He rose his eyebrows as if he's asking me what is that idea?

"What time is it?"

"11:56"

"Just drive."

"Midnight driving, huh?" I nodded.

"Yeah, but with the windows down and a little bit of rock music." I winked then leaned forward to the radio as I turned it on.

He rose down the windows on his side and the song began playing.

🎵I kind of want to throw my phone across the room. Because all I see are girls too good to be true. With paper white teeth and perfect bodies; wish I didn't care. I know their beauties, not my lack. But it feels like that weight is on my back. And I can't let it go🎵

He tapped the steering wheel all along to the beat of the song as I was narrowing out the window, watching all the flashing lights coming from the tall buildings and people passing by.

"I never thought this is something that you like." I chuckled.

"Midnight driving with rock music and windows held down is the best!" I leaned back on the seat and tilted my head, watching him drive.

The last time I watched a guy driving was three years ago. Except for Kobie who drove me off to school just yesterday.

"Don't tell me you don't have a driver's license," I whispered.

He smirked and inserted his hand into the pocket of his gray jeans and it came out with a blue card wrapped around his fingers. "Great!" I just don't want to get in trouble. Never again.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked.

"Nowhere. Just keep driving. This is so fun!"

"Come on! We need to take at least just one stopover."

"Nah, I don't want it. If you have some snacks in here then that's enough.

Back there! He pointed his index finger to our back and I glanced there as I found seven packs of assorted chips and three bottles of Coca-Cola.

This is going to be a great night.