Chapter 7

If this was a marathon, then perhaps we could have won already. "Umm, Eros," I called. He locked his eyes on mine and rose his eyebrows. "Yeah?" His chilly shaking voice creaked in through the wind, narrowing at us. "Where are we?" I was kind of laughing throughout my confusion. With my eyes running out of the place, I didn't know where we are now.

He slightly laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, umm... I think we've gotten too far." We got lost in direction after we enjoyed talking to each other too much. "What time is it?" I asked. I'm not worried about the time or how far we've been, but it's all about what Britney and Charlie would think of this when they found out. I'm so sick and tired of how they make fun of the times I spend with Eros.

He inserted his hands in his pockets, his back, and even looked at his wrist. "I think I forgot my phone and I'm not wearing my watch." He awkwardly smiled, showing his paper-white teeth scratching each other through the sound of the people murmuring around. "Maybe... maybe... we should get back?" He whispered. But before I can take a step forward, he immediately ran, leaving me in front of a brown furry dog. At first, I didn't notice it. But when he left me and I looked behind me, that's when I figured out I should run too. So I did.

And I had the dog behind my back chasing me as if I'm a food or a bone. "Oh, my god! Eros! Get back here! elHeehheheheh

Help me you traitor!" He's the guy here yet, he's the first one to run away when he found the dog. "Sorry!" He screamed out loud and can even afford to laugh. My sweat is already dripping down from my face onto the ground and my hands are shaking. Darn, this animal!

I almost lost my breath running. Each time I take a huge step, the wind runs back to me as if it's attacking me. And the smooth road is hard to run on because there are a few small pebbles getting in on my slippers and almost making me stumble. "Eros!" I screamed but he seemed to not get bothered at all. If I only knew this is what's going to happen then I shouldn't have taken his offer. He said we're going for a walk then why are we running now?

The houses I encountered as I kept running began being familiar. I know I'm now close to their house. I looked behind me and finally! I lost the stupid dog. I'm close to Eros. A few more steps and I can finally punch him as revenge. Wait, I don't want to give him a bruise when I'm staying in their house. Never mind. I ran faster and caught up with him by my side. "Ugh!" I screamed in laughter as I stopped and sat on the ground. That was tiring. Now I know I should never trust him ever again.

I folded my knees and wrapped my arms around them as he stopped too and parked himself beside me with sweat falling on both our faces. I wiped my forehead with my arms and waited for him to speak but all I heard were heavy sighs and the noise of him trying to catch his breath. "I hope you don't have asthma." I rolled my eyes then crossed my arms and didn't answer him. I want to but also want to show him that I'm sulking.

Well, I don't know how. "That wasn't funny." He laughed at my grumpy tone.

"You said we're going for a walk then how did we end up running away from a dog. Worst, you left me when you were supposed to save me from that dog!" He giggled harder but I couldn't afford to look at him. I'm halfway frustrated with him but at the same time, I want to laugh out loud while my pride is stopping me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to run. I just really had this stupid little trauma about dogs. It started when I was a kid." I could barely hear his voice. I'm already calmed down and done being tired.

It has been three minutes that we're sitting on the floor but he's still trying to catch his breath. I don't know what's going on with him but I couldn't care less because I don't want to look at him. "What was that?" Even if I wanted to put my pride first, I couldn't help but ask because of my confusion which raced to my brain. "Umm, well..." after the heavy sighs, he began coughing harder and harder each second. I frowned and looked behind me.

Then I found him lying on the floor with his mouth covered by his right hand and the other on his tummy as if he's trying to cope with something. He didn't stop coughing and the smile I saw earlier has now vanished. "Hey! What's happening? Are you okay?" I stood up and ran to him. He remained to lie and I removed his hands from his mouth. I gulped after realizing what's happening.

Maybe this is the effect of running too fast and laughing too hard. But why is it not hitting me? I shook his shoulder and looked at him harder. "Hey! Eros! Open your eyes!" My heart began panting inside my chest and rocked my body as if it wanted to break me.

His eyes were shut which sent goosebumps down to my nerves.

No.

No.

No.

This is now what I think it is.

"Eros!!!" I screamed and didn't stop shaking him. Did he faint? What the heck is going on? I hope it isn't my fault...

"Please, wake up!" I whispered.

"Boo!" He screamed and laughed harder when he opened his eyes after shocking me to life that he stood up. He... is... okay?

My eyebrows met each other as I looked up at him. "What was that?" I screamed in frustration. My nose began to let out a few clouds of smoke and my cheeks turned red. This is giving me embarrassment and hate at the same time.

"You just got fooled!" He laughed harder together with a few claps from his hands. I rolled my eyes. No way he did that crap to me. "That was not funny! I worried a lot about you because I thought you fainted then you were just fooling around? Not funny." I was too serious that I looked like a mad mother scolding her son in public. Well, I guess there's nothing wrong with trying to look fine after being too nervous about a stupid prank your friend did.

"Sorry, okay? Sorry. I just couldn't help it. You looked so mad at me therefore I thought of making you laugh."

"Faking your asthma attack isn't something that could make me laugh."

"I'm apologizing. I'm really sorry. I thought you're the kind of girl who can laugh at anything."

"I might look like that kind of girl but that doesn't mean I am. I'm serious at times when I have to be and I laugh at times that I should."