𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

❝ The purest people do bad things for good reasons

The purest people do bad things for good reasons.

╔═ ╒══════╕ ═╗

𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎?

» [ 𝚢𝚎𝚜 ] « [ 𝚗𝚘 ]

╚═ ╘══════╛ ═╝

Mostly because of your newfound knowledge given to you by Byakuya, you kept true to your word. You were going to follow Byakuya's lead. Whatever he said or believed, you'd agree.

Of course, it wasn't too easy considering the situation.

"The culprit is Genocide Jack, I'm sure of it," Byakuya commented, a determined expression on his face. "Case closed, as far as I'm concerned."

"I agree," you chimed in, offering the class a nervous smile. "I mean, I thought we wouldn't kill anymore..? A serial killer seems like the most likely culprit."

You noticed that Mondo continued to stare at you with a slightly perplexed expression, though you decided to ignore it for now.

"But.. that's impossible!" Aoi argued back.

"Why? What makes it impossible?"

"Well, I mean.. come on!" Aoi sputtered, an angry glare in her eyes. "There's just no proof for it!"

Makoto snapped his fingers, a thoughtful look on his face. Glancing to Byakuya, you put it together in your mind. He must've given Makoto some information beforehand in order to twist the evidence for the trial.

"I found this file while I was looking around the archive in the library," Makoto commented, pulling out a black file that he just happened to carry with him. "I guess it's some kind of confidential file the police put together about the Genocide Jack case."

"What..? That's kinda weird as shit, isn't it?" Mondo tilted his head. "What was something like that doing in the library?"

"The why of it is probably more trouble than it's worth, so let's forget about that for now. More importantly, it outlines all the specifics of every Genocide Jack case in exceeding detail," Byakuya leaned forward a bit, examining your classmates. "According to the file, there appear to be two defining characteristics in every Genocide Jack case. The first is that a bloody message is found written at the scene of every murder."