7. Take your mind off things

The list of people I didn't like was long. Becca always told me it was better to just name the people I actually liked because it was significantly shorter. It was just a thing that a lot of people tended to get on my nerves.

So my list starts with basically the entirety of the Kingsley football team, an extra star next to their insufferable captain. Then most of the people I went to high school with, it was a good day when I finally left that awful place.

And then there was Justin Peterson. The issue with Justin was that I shouldn't hate him, I really couldn't. He was my teammate, the star receiver for Westerly. I really shouldn't have a problem with him but he was probably the only person that could possibly rival my hatred towards Jake.

The problem with my dislike of Justin was that it was reciprocated. Justin didn't like me just as much as I didn't like him. I knew he was annoyed that I got the captain spot over him. He thought he deserved it more, which he didn't but he wasn't one to listen to logical thinking. And most of the time I wouldn't care if some douchebag didn't like me but he created issues with the team.

Justin just loved to talk mad shit about me to the team and he loved it even more when I could hear all the nasty shit he had to say. It was one of the reasons I tended to avoid going out with the team after a loss. I wanted to give them their space but also because I would rather not listen to the garbage Justin said while I was trying to drink my sorrows away.

So after about thirty seconds of standing in the football house I was already regretting showing up.

"Yeah well maybe we wouldn't have lost so bad if Evan actually knew how to lead a fucking team. You know this is why I should've been given that captain spot, our senior year shouldn't be ruined by that idiot." Justin was ranting to some of the teammates as they stood around drinking beer.

"You came!" I turned to see Monroe walking up to me a smile on his face.

"I don't even know why I bothered." I sighed already feeling defeated.

Monroe's gaze slid over to where Justin was still complaining.

"Don't listen to him, you know he's just an idiot who likes to listen to himself talk." My roommate grabbed my shoulder steering me away from my teammates so I could no longer hear the words they were saying about me.

"He acts like he didn't make mistakes during the game too. You know we would have gotten a first down in the third quarter if he didn't drop that ball and when my throw, my perfect throw went to waste and he tipped it with his fingers right into the other teams hands. Why doesn't he focus on his own idiocy and stop blaming me for everything." I ranted.

"Everyone here, well maybe not him but everyone else here knows that it wasn't on you that we lost. Kingsley is a damn good team and we just need to practice some more and learn from our mistakes and we will beat them next time." Monroe said.

"We're going to win next time." I nodded.

We had to win the next time we faced Kingsley. I couldn't lose to Jake a second time. I wouldn't let that happen. I needed to focus on that.

After what happened in Jake's car I had went back to my place and took another shower and made myself some food. In that time I had made the very wise decision that I was never going to do anything like that with Jake ever again. I wasn't going to talk to him or even look at him again and I was definitely not going to think about him.

All my energy was going into the team and getting us ready to beat Jake and his stupid team the next time we faced each other. I needed to focus on that because if I didn't I'd be thinking about the fact I just had some of the best sex of my life with the one person I could never have sex with again.

"Let's get you something to drink and then you should find yourself someone to help take your mind off things." Monroe wiggled his eyebrows at me.

Just the thought of having sex again tonight made me want to run straight out of the door. Even if it weren't for the fact that my ass still hurt and I definitely wasn't going to try to sit down anywhere I still wouldn't be feeling very into looking for something. After the tragedy of not being able to get my dick up with Shawn I was starting to think it was best to take a break until I could figure out how to fix my dick.

I had gotten Jake out of my system. It shouldn't be long before my dick totally forgot about him and how easy it was for him to get my body to react to him.

"Ev!" Becca shouted and then she was on me her arms wrapped tightly around my middle as she hugged me.

"How much have you drank?" I laughed lightly at my best friend.

"I'm sorry you guys lost." She pouted. "I don't know shit but you guys looked like you were playing football out there for sure."

"And you looked so sexy out there I swear I almost jumped the fence and pounced." Becca left my hold to throw herself at her boyfriend.

"I look sexy all the time." Monroe made a show of flexing his biceps.

"The fact that you just did that purposefully and out in the open where I had to witness is embarrassing. I can't believe I'm best friends with you guys." I teased.

"Oh you love us." Becca turned to face me again making kissing noises at me.

"Yeah whatever."

But I did. Even with some of the annoyance I had with the team and the bullshit of Justin I was glad I came and got to spend some time with these two idiots.

I was happy to see them together and grossly in love. They were lucky to have found each other or well lucky that I had introduced them. I wasn't going to take all the credit for them being together but one day when I was making a speech at their wedding I was going to point to them and say I did that. Because setting the two of them up was probably one of the best things I had ever done.

I had never regretted that decision, even the time I had walked in the front door after my class let out early to see them going at each other on the living room couch. It wasn't the best moment for me but when my best friends were happy I was happy so I made sacrifices.