39. Punch me

Everyone was celebrating. The teams loud cheers were echoing the locker room and I had to do my best to seem just as excited.

We had won our final game which meant we were going to make it to playoffs. We had a chance to win the state championship. It was a slim chance but it was still a chance.

The only thing I wanted to do was go back to my apartment and lay down. Maybe I'd watch some tv but the most important thing would be that Jake would be in the bed right beside me. But that wasn't going to happen. Jake's season was over and I had a feeling he'd be with his football buddies for the night. And unfortunately I had to make my own appearance at the football house as they partied hard in celebration.

I changed into fresh clothes after my quick shower and packed up my bag just ready to get the hell out of here.

When I exited the locker room my eyes landed on a familiar brown haired boy that I wasn't expecting to see.

"Congratulations Captain." Jake smiled.

"I didn't think I'd see you." I smiled right back walking over to him.

"How could I miss your big win?" His hand wrapped around the back of my neck pulling me in effortlessly.

I didn't really care that we were right outside the locker room where my whole team was. I really didn't care about any of it as I sunk into the kiss.

"Does this mean-," I started once we detached.

"That I'm going to take you back to your place and fuck you? Yes it does." He cut me off.

There was no argument in that. I was seconds way from dragging him to my car and speeding my way home. I wanted him so badly, it was sort of embarrassing how quickly my body reacted to him.

"Hey we're heading out, you coming?" Monroe called out to me.

I looked at my roommates and then back at Jake. I had to go to that party and at least make an appearance. We just made it to the playoffs.

"Yeah, I'll meet you guys there." I nodded.

I turned to look at Jake and maybe I was crazy because the words were tumbling out of my mouth quicker than I could stop them.

"Did you want to come?" It was a terrible idea but I wanted to be with him even if that meant bringing him to the football house.

"Do you want me to come?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Then lead the way." He smiled and leaned forward to press a quick kiss against my lips.

This was a terrible idea. I couldn't actually see how this would go well. I was bringing the rival captain into the football house where they were all on a win high.

You know maybe everyone would be too excited about the win to even care that Jake was there and my boyfriend.

It felt freeing to be around everyone with Jake by my side. I ignored some of the stares but no one had said anything. I didn't know if that was because none of my team really cared or if everyone was too excited to ruin the celebration with a scene.

The one good thing was that I'd successfully avoided Justin since we showed up. It would be really amazing if I didn't see him at all tonight.

I made my way through the crowd greeting some of my teammates, introducing Jake to a few. We didn't spend too much time bouncing around before I spotted my roommates, they were playing beer pong. Jake and I made our way over there, I knew spending my night with them was the only way I'd have a fun night.