25. Dance with me?

Jake's pov:

I was just trying to be depressed in peace. I felt sort of bad for taking over the living room and basically living on the couch but I didn't feel like trying to maneuver up the stairs to lay in my bed. I knew my roommates were getting annoyed with me. I didn't need to see them currently huddled together arguing and shooting me glances to know they were going to stage another intervention.

I didn't know what they were more annoyed with, the fact that I was mopping around on our couch or the nonstop Taylor Swift that was playing from my speaker. In Adam's case I assumed it was the Taylor Swift. He could only take so many breakup songs before he went crazy. The other three I hadn't quite figured them out yet. I'm guessing Nico didn't care so much that it was Taylor swift playing but that there was music playing at all.

But I was doing my best to ignore my friends and let my mind focus on my dumpster fire of a life. I was paying attention more to the sad lyrics that Taylor was singing instead of whatever my roommates were still arguing about.

They didn't approach me until the beginning of illicit affairs started to play again for the hundredth time. I was kinda annoyed they were interrupting my song. It had turned into my anthem these past four days. I think I was the only one in the apartment that wasn't sick of the song.

"Ok we've let you sit around and cry long enough." Adam announced.

"I'm not crying." I replied which was the truth.

I had yet to actually shed any tears, a fact I was feeling pretty good about. My heart was basically shattered but I wasn't going to give Evan the satisfaction of me crying over him. I couldn't cry over someone who never gave a shit about me in the first place.

"Whatever but it's time to stop listening to Taylor Swift and get up." He replied.

I just stared at all my roommates who were stood in front of me. They all seemed to be concerned about the state I was in. God I wished they'd just leave me alone.

"I would get up but-," I gestured to my ankle which was still wrapped up in a cast.

"That's what these are for." Nico picked up my crutches.

"Can you guys just leave me alone." I groaned trying to focus back on the song that was still playing in the background.

"I know what will make you feel better." Connor smiled plopping down on the ground in front of the couch. "Try this." He offered up the water bottle in his hand to me.

I grabbed it for him taking a small sip.

"Oh god." I covered my mouth as the liquid burned it way down my throat. "Is that just straight vodka?"

"Yeah, did it help?"

"Jeez Connor, we don't need him sad and drunk." Nico just shook his head at our roommate.

"If you keep listening to this sad shit your mood is never going to improve. If you really want to listen to Taylor at least choose some happier songs." Adam advised.

"I like this song." Dom spoke swaying slightly to the music.

"Yeah because you haven't had to listen to it on repeat for the last four days. If you were ever actually home you'd want to smash that speaker as much I do." Adam argued, he was obvious getting annoyed with my Taylor Swift break up playlist.

"Oh you want to smash that thing? Imagine how I feel, I had Sasha over yesterday and tried to have some quality time with my girlfriend which was very hard with this depressing shit blasting constantly." Nico grumbled.