30. Drop the towel

I woke up wrapped around Jake. Our limbs were tangled and his back was still pressed against my chest. It felt good to wake up next to him like this. The words from last night danced in my head.

Jake was officially my boyfriend.

It felt unreal to be here. I couldn't help but think back on our journey. The long years of rivalry and then the bathroom. The hate and anger we took out on each other. But no matter how we were feeling then it was the start of something amazing.

It was what led us to now.

I felt Jake stir against me and I just pressed a kiss into the crook of his neck as he slowly woke up in my arms.

"Hmm morning." He hummed.

"Morning." I smiled against his skin.

Jake turned in my arms and smiled lazily at me. I didn't care about morning breath or anything at the moment I just leaned forward and pressed my lips against his.

No matter what it felt like the best kiss we ever had. It was the first kiss since we were officially boyfriends.

"I could get used to this." Jake pulled away threading his hand through my hair in a loving touch.

"Me too." I agreed.

"You know this might be too much but Nico's birthday is coming up and maybe you'd want to come over and meet everyone?" Jake asked and I could see he was nervous to ask.

"I'd love to." I said truthfully.

I was a little nervous to meet all his friends. I was kinda scared they'd hate me. I mean one of them did fill my car with crickets so we didn't exactly have the best first impressions. But I knew this was important for Jake and if we were going to date for real I would need to meet his friends.

"I'll send you all the details but you could just stay over the night before if you want."

I felt giddy at the idea of all the possibilities. We'd have sleepovers and meeting each other's friends. I could just imagine the lazy mornings or quiet nights. I wanted it all with Jake and honestly I couldn't wait for any of it.

"Alright but I'm not having sex in his room on his birthday so you're going to have to control yourself." I teased him.

Somehow I had said the wrong thing because I watched a strange emotion pass over his face. His hands left me and I did nothing as he literally pulled away from me.

What the hell was happening?

"I'm going to take a shower, I feel gross." Jake said shuffling out of bed.

"Hey, stop for a second." I grabbed his wrist before he could actually leave. "What's wrong? Did I say something?" I worried.

"No it's fine." He just shook his head and when he turned to look at me I realized something.

He wasn't upset or even mad. That look on his face was nerves. He was nervous about something and I had no clue what it could be.

"You can talk to me about anything Jake." I sat up getting closer to him.

"I don't want to have sex." He blurted out.

"What?" I just stared at him.

"Ok well I do want to have sex but I want to wait. I really love sex with you but I want to spend some time figuring us out and figuring out this relationship." He confessed.

I understood where he was coming from. Our relationship basically only consisted of sex up until now.

"We can take things slow. I'm not just with you because I like your dick." I smiled at him.

"Now there's no reason to start lying now." Jake joked.

"It's not the only reason, I also like your mouth." I teased.

"I'm not going to make you wait forever but I don't want to mess this up." He said seriously.

"I don't want to mess this up either." I agreed.

"Now I'm actually going to take a shower because I'm all sweaty and gross." Jake leaned over to grab his crutches.

"Need any help?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

"I would take you up on that but I don't think I could resist you right now."

"I am pretty irresistible." I winked.

"Never mind I think I can resist you just fine."

I let out a laugh as he made his way out of the room.

"Just for that I'm going to snoop through your stuff." I called out to his back.

"Go ahead none of it is mine anyway." I could hear the smile on his voice.

I took the time that Jake was gone to put my boxers on and slip on his hoodie. I still needed to shower and get fresh clothes but I didn't really know what in here was actually Jake's so yesterday's clothes would have to do.

I pulled out my phone which was luckily not dead even though I didn't charge it at all last night. I found one text from Becca.

Becs- have fun ;)

I laughed at the text and I'd let my lack of response give her all the answers she needed.

It didn't take long for me to get bored. I had teased Jake that I was going to snoop but since this wasn't his room I hadn't actually planned to do that. But I was huge liar. It only took one brief look around to find something worth snooping on.

A planner with Jake's name written neatly on the front was on the desk. I didn't hesitate to grab it and flip it open. I didn't know how long I spent reading through it but soon the door was opening again pulling me out of my concentration.

I opened my mouth to tease the man but my words died on my tongue.

This was unfair. Totally and completely unfair. Jake stood in the doorway with just a towel wrapped around his hips, water droplets running down his abs. It was torture to put me through this.

"Done staring?" He smiled at me.

I snapped out of my drooling and looked back down at the planner in front of me. Suddenly I remembered what I was in the middle of doing before he showed up.

"Be sad and listen to Taylor swift? You put that in your daily planner?" I teased him.

"Give that back." He hobbled over reaching out to grab the planner back.

"No." I held it closer my chest.

Jake's eyes went to the bed where the pen laid next to me.

"Please tell me you didn't write in that." His jaw tensed.

"I'd never." I laughed falling back on the bed.

"You're so annoying." He grumbled but just turned to go get changed.

"Oh look you have something scheduled for right now." I piped up.

Jake turned to look at me an unamused expression on his face.

"It's says drop the towel and give your amazing boyfriend a show."

Instead of listening Jake just flipped me off. And it struck me then just how much fun I had with him. I knew I had feelings for him. I knew I wanted to date him but I didn't realize how fun and easy things were with Jake.

I hadn't felt like this with anyone before and that scared me just as much as it excited me.

A/n:

New chapter! Thank you to everyone who gave me well wishes. I am starting to feel better, I'm not at 100% but much better than I was earlier this week. Covid sucks.

Next week I start my new job so once that starts I might change the days I upload to fit in with my work schedule. I'll keep you guys updated if that happens.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Cora Leigh