Bonus Chapter: The kiss

Jake's pov:

"What even was that?" Adam chased after me as I left the locker room.

"We lost, it does happen." I shrugged.

I knew what he was talking about. He didn't mean the fact that we'd lost a game we definitely should have won. He was asking about the fact that the loss was my fault. My head wasn't in the game and I'd made one too many mistakes.

"Is everything okay? You know you can tell me anything."

"It's was just an off day, it's fine." I waved off his concern.

"The guys were planning on coming over and having some drinks and hanging out. You're not going to be a bore and hide out in your room, are you?"

Usually I'd tell Adam to fuck off. He tried a lot to get me to be more spontaneous or fun. I usually just ignored him. But today I had something else planned.

"No, I'm going out." I left it vague hopping Adam wouldn't push.

"To do what? All our friends are going to be at our house."

"I have plans."

Adam just looked at me. I could tell he wanted to know more but I just ignored his curious looks. I'd decided last week after another disappointing hookup that enough was enough. I'd been chasing this feeling for too long. Trying to find someone that lit my body ablaze the same way he did. He'd never even touched me and still he seemed to have me wrapped around his finger.

It'd be really nice if he didn't hate my guts.

Dom- Mr. Blue eyes is at the local bar Blue Horse with a few of his friends

Dom- you're welcome

It'd taken a lot for me to break down and ask Dom about where Evan was going to be. I knew that if I wanted to actually see him Dom would be the only one to be able to find out. Dom knew one of Evans roommates and I tried not to use that to my advantage very often.

I had some self respect left.

I forced myself to head out before I talked myself into staying home and working on assignments for class. I didn't have anything I needed to get done but there was always something I could do. Just the thought of getting ahead and freeing up my upcoming week almost had me turning around and sitting down at my desk for the rest of the night.

But I couldn't. I told myself to stop being a coward. I'd found excuse after excuse for why I had to stay away from Evan. Each time I'd tried to see him I'd chickened out and found something else to do instead.

I was going to do it. I wasn't going to let myself walk away. I kept that on repeat in my head all the way until I stepped into the bar. I immediately saw the sprinkling of Westerly players in the bar. There wasn't a lot but a few of them clustered at a table chatting.

I didn't see Evan and I felt the disappointment settle in me. I had no idea what I'd do if he wasn't here.

I scanned the bar again and finally I saw him. He was leaning against the bar chatting with his friend, Monroe. I'd never actually met Monroe but wherever Evan was Monroe usually wasn't that far away.

Loud voices caught my attention and my gaze landed on Jetson, Evan's other roommate. He seemed to be heading out and turned to start walking right towards me. Unlike Monroe, I'd met Jetson plenty of times. He was good friends with my roommate Dom so I'd seen him around at some parties and things.

On his way out Jetson locked eyes with me, not looking at all surprised that I was here.

"Tell Dom he owes me." Jetson said as he walked by me.