Nostalgia

3rd pov:

Xiao watched the sakura tree, his heart slowly breaking as he can see the withering parts of the tree, spreading down to the roots in the ground.

Zhongli stood next to Xiao, as well as Cloud Retainer, Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper.

They all watched the tree.

"She is dying." Moon Carver stated the obvious.

Xiao's eyebrows furrowed at the adeptus.

"She is not dying. She can't be..." Xiao said, hoping with all his heart it wasn't true.

"She is dying, Xiao." Zhongli backed Moon Carver statement.

Zhongli's words struck Xiao straight in the heart.

"The roots of the tree is too powerful, it will affect the power of this mountain, as well as my abode." Cloud Retainer said, not really happy with the fact that one's home can be affected.

"I will prepare to have the tree removed, asking for your permission Zhongli." Mountain Shaper requested.

Xiao slightly gasped and his eyes widened as he turned towards Zhongli with hurt eyes.

Zhongli sighed.

"She will stand as she is, right here." Zhongli said.
"No one have permission to hurt her in any way." Zhongli stated.

Mountain Shaper and Moon Carver both acknowledged his words.

"If we let her stand like this, it will most likely affect the whole mountain." Cloud Retainer said.

Xiao glared at Cloud Retainer.

"Then let it happen. This tree is worth more than a thousand mountains, I trust you all understand that." Zhongli said, looking straight at the adepti.

"Of course." They all answered.

-

Once the rest of the adepti had left, Xiao and Zhongli stood near the tree again.

Zhongli walked up to the tree and kneeled infront of one of it's roots.
"Why are you withering?..." He whispered.

It made no sense for a perfectly healthy tree to start withering out of nowhere.

Xiao didn't say anything, though one could tell that he was concerned, maybe even scared.

Zhongli stood up and walked towards Xiao.

"It's been a while since we've talked, hasn't it?" He said.

Xiao looked up at him. "It has." He answered short and simple. Xiao gave him an uninterested look.

Zhongli chuckled, although Xiao had changed a lot, he was still the same person he used to be.

Zhongli and Xiao walked towards the table, "why don't we talk for a little?" Zhongli asked. "I have a something to say." He said.

"Alright." Xiao answered simply and followed him.

They both sat down and Zhongli started the conversation.