The mechanism

Y/n pov:

We all walked over to the mechanism.

I heard Itto groan next to me as we stopped walking.

"You alright big guy?" I asked and looked at him.
"Ugh, yes yep yaha, I'm totally fine." He said but groaned again.
"Boss, does you butt hurt? From the fall?" Shinobu came up to him and asked.

I chuckled silently at her straight up question, infront if everyone.

"Yea, but don't worry, my butt is tough." Itto reassured us.

Shinobu chuckled.
"It's harder not to laugh, when I'm not the one in pain." She said.

She walked behind him and poked her finger on his lower back, causing Itto to arch his back while screaming, "Aaahh!"
His face looked like one of pure horror.

Everyone, including me looked at him in shock.

I didn't try to hold my laughter back.
"Pffft- HAHAHA!"
He's totally scared!

"Master, don't laugh." Yelan told me, but I saw her turn around while holding her laugh as well.

And then it was Paimon turn to laugh. "Haha!"

Yanfei tried to scold her as well, "Paimon don't you laugh either... pfft..." she ended up holding her laugh in as well.

"It's okay everybody, if you want to laugh, go ahead." Shinobu told us.

Itto didn't like that, "Don't you have a heart Shinobu? And people think I'm the monster..." he said annoyingly.

"Let's all focus on the path ahead, Xiao's not here but..." Yelan said while signaling us all to the door.

I waited a little before telling them what I think it was, I wanted to see what they thought themself.

"Seems out of place here, don't you think?" Paimon said.

Yeah no shit.

"Maybe it's an emergency shelter?" Itto said and started rambling about a picture book he read.

"Itto, I don't think people would manage to fetch supplies for an emergency shelter down here." I said. Yelan nodded at my comment, and everyone else seemed to agree.

They all started rambling, I just face palmed at the oni, who didn't seem to understand what I said.

He didn't walk towards the mechanism, but rather straight up to the door.

I smirked, knowing he wouldn't get far with that.

"Once I open this door, we're out of here." He said.
He then lunged forward and punched straight at the door.

The sound echoed through the whole cave and it was enough to make Paimon flinch.

Nothing happened. The door did in fact, not open.

And then we were all silently watching him, waiting for his next move.

I smirked.
"Itto..." I whispered, catching his attention.
He turned his head slightly towards me, and I nodded my head towards the mechanism right next to him.