SC - Father Zhongli

Author presents to you...

Side Chapter 6: Zhongli/Morax just being Y/n's father

(I never really had a father figure growing up, and I feel like there's too many people who can relate on that.
When I first saw how Zhongli kind of suited the role as a father for Xiao and Ganyu (hc please no attack),
I really wanted him to be that kind of role for Y/n as well, however I've just realized how much I've portrayed him more as a brother in this book.
So here is just a small chapter of father Zhongli/Morax.)

(Please do not sexualize Zhongli in this chapter. Having daddy issues is not an excuse to do so. Your comment will be deleted.)

————————————————————————

3rd pov:

Morax winced in annoyance as he dragged his leg carefully after himself.

A very young fox had bit her fangs into his hanfu and was chewing on the fabric.
She did not let go, which resulted in him dragging her around with her on his leg.

Morax was careful enough not to tug to hard on his leg so he wouldn't injure Y/n.

"Y/n- why don't you chew on something else... don't you like chewing on sticks like normal foxes do?" Morax asked while sweat dropping, looking down at the young fox girl.

Y/n opened her mouth to answer him, at the same time she let go of his hanfu, Morax tugged his leg away from her as he was finally away from her grip.

The young fox looked up at him with sad puppy eyes, trying to guilt trip the man.
He looked down and met her eyes, causing him to sigh.

"Don't you have any people to hang around with? You're an animal aren't you? Do you not like to hang around with birds or something?" Morax asked her.

Y/n didn't answer, rather than that, she started looking around while thinking of something to say.
Was it bad that she wanted his attention?
After all she was just a child who didn't have anyone else available in her life at the moment.

Y/n turned into a human girl and ran to him, hugging his leg.
"No." She simply said, not letting the man go.

Morax sweat dropped again.
He looked around to make sure that no one was nearby, and then he crouched down and put his hands under her arms, lifting the child up.

He held the child in front of him, her feet just hanging as she looked at him dead in the eye, he gave her the same look.

Y/n reached her hands to his shoulders and grabbed the cloth in her hands. Morax pulled her closer and held her, one arm under her legs and one on her back. Her head rested his his shoulders with her arms around him.

Y/n had a big smile on her face and closed her eyes, resting comfortably.

Morax smiled slightly and stroked her hair and ears.

The spear he earlier was holding, now laid on the ground next to them so he could use both of his arms to hold her properly.

-

The young girl was now older, running around in a market, pulling Morax's hand after her.

He had covered himself and her in a cloak each so they wouldn't get any attention.
He didn't really want to come here, but she dragged him along.

"Don't rush." Morax told her as she skipped through the crowd.
He tried to fit in as much as possible, which was extremely hard for him.

Then Y/n's eyes lit up in joy. "There!" She said happily with a chuckle and pointed towards a stall.

Morax looked to where she pointed. And ice cream and popsicle stall.

"That's what you wanted?" He asked.
Y/n nodded, "Mhm!" She hummed with a smile.

"The man said I couldn't have one since I didn't have anything to pay with." Y/n said in a sad tone as her ears lowered.

Morax sighed and held her hand, walking with her towards the stall.

"Chose one." He told the girl who was very happy.
She chose her favorite flavored ice cream/popsicle.

Morax held his closed gloved hand out to the man in the stall and when he opened his hand somehow Morax suddenly had mora to pay the man.

Morax took the ice cream/popsicle and crouched down to the girl, handing it to her with a small smile.

"Thank you!" She said happily and gladly took it.

Y/n grabbed his hand again and they started walking together back out of the market.

-

Sniffles could be heard from the place Y/n slept. She had a nightmare and it was dark outside.

Morax's footsteps could be heard as he stepped closer to her, "What's wrong?" He asked in a soft and gentle voice.

"I can't sleep." The girl said while sniffling a little between her words.

Morax leaned down to her level and placed the blanket over her again, "It's alright, just keep trying to fall asleep." He said while laying her down.

He pulled out a small handkerchief and dried her tears away. Then he patted her head and stroked her hair for a while.

She slowly got more sleepy as the minutes passed by.

Her eyes got more heavy and the she felt the hand leaving her hair.

She grabbed his big hand with both of hers to stop him from leaving. "Noo, don't go!" She said.

"Please don't leave me Morax." She asked while giving him puppy eyes again. It had become her method of getting what she wanted and guilt tripping him.

He knew that of course, but he didn't have the heart to turn her down.
Who knew Morax could have such a weak spot for a child?

"Okay, I won't." He said, turning back to her again.

"Will you- Uh... would- will you hold me while I sleep?" Y/n asked him, stuttering as she didn't know how to ask.

"What?" Morax asked her in return with wide eyes, that question caught him off guard.

The cheeks of the girl heated up, causing her to blush in embarrassment. How could she ask a god to cuddle her as if she was his real daughter?

"Forget it, I'm sorry!" She said and ducked under the sheets, hoping to fall asleep and hoping that he would go away.

She heard him sigh and he pulled the covers away from her face. He scooted her over a little and then he laid next to her.

"Come here." Morax said in a gentle voice, signaling the child to crawl closer to him.

She didn't waste much time and laid her head on his shoulder.
Soon enough, Y/n fell asleep.

Morax was still wide awake, watching over the sleeping child.

How could a small child steal what was left of a lonely gods heart?