The Jade Chamber

Y/n pov:

I stepped onto the jade chamber that was flying in the air. As I walked towards the entrance, many guards did a double take before looking confused and whispering among themselves.

I wasn't surprised by their confusion. All of these guards worked under me when I worked for Ningguang. My death was announced to the guards so there was no wonder why they were confused.

Two guards stood in front of the main entrance of the Jade Chamber.

They looked as if they were wondering if they should let me in or not, probably thinking this might be a trick from the fatui or something.

I had to speak to Ningguang and make sure she announced that I was back, and hopefully we would find a good lie to tell the mortals.

If I'm correct, Yelan sent Ningguang a letter about my arrival and that she had to expect me.
Not a good way for her to find out I was alive, but I didn't want to hurt the guards too badly or cause a scene, so she had to let me in personally.

I sighed as the guards doubtfully blocked my way.
I crossed my arms, "Tell Lady Ningguang that I've arrived." I told one of them with a glare.

He shivered a little before hurrying inside to announce my arrival.

Right after my visit at The Crux Fleet, Xiao and I went back to the Inn the rest of the day, and now the next day, I'm here to have my return publicly announced.

After a few moments I heard heels clicking behind the main door.

I looked towards the door as it opened, and Ningguang stepped outside in a purple beautiful dress and a new hairstyle. (Skin)

I sent her a smile and she sent me one in return.

"Lady Yae, you have indeed returned." She said simply. I heard many gasps and whispers among all the guards and the servants around us after she spoke.

"Indeed I have." I answered her. "Why don't we talk more inside?" I asked.

"Please do come in." Ningguang said and started walking inside.

I wasted no time and followed her inside.

We walked side by side towards her meeting room. People looked at me in shock, I gave them small waves which caused them even more confusion.

We sat down inside a private meeting room.

Both of us crossed our legs at the same time causing us to chuckle at the small coincidence.

"So... I wouldn't mind an explanation." Ningguang said as she picked up her teacup and took a sip.

I took a sip of mine before speaking, "Let's just say someone was able to revive me, a lucky shot, the chances were low." I said. She chuckled, "Lady Miko I assume?" She said.

I nodded, "I can tell you that she managed to find a way to give me another chance at life." I explained, dodging a few details.

Ningguang hummed before saying, "I see... so what do you want to tell the public?" She asked me before taking another sip of tea.