SC - If it didn't work...

Author presents to you...

Side Chapter 8: If Miko did not succeed to resurrect Y/n

Let's take the time back to when Yae Miko brought Y/n back to Teyvat. What would happen if she did not succeed in the ritual?

What would they tell Xiao...

————————————————————————

3rd pov:

"What have you done?!" The priestess in the room yelled. Fear was in her eyes after what she had witnessed.

Yae Miko was speechless. Her hands quivered as she leaned on the now empty table in disbelief.

-

Zhongli watched the tree, waiting to see anything happen. However no matter how long he waited, he couldn't see anything happen.

-

"You tried to bring someone back from the dead, but you failed and look where that brought you!" Kokomi yelled again.

"Leave." Miko said simply. Her tone was empty and harsh.

Kokomi gave her a sympathetic look and left right away.

"What have I done?..." Miko said to herself.

When Miko did the ritual, she failed the calculations and it seems that Y/n's body simply could not handle the gnosis. Even Kokomi couldn't help.

Her body perished with fire surrounding her. And now she didn't have anything to work with.

She had no second chance to revive Y/n.

Oh what would she tell Zhongli...

What would she tell Xiao?

That she took away her sisters body from the tree, and that's why he can't see her in his dreams anymore, simply to try revive her, which didn't work, rather it completely failed in the worst way.

And now he would never be able to see her again, because of the way Miko failed.

-

Miko spent a few days collecting her thoughts and how she would bring this up to them.

In the end, she was able to make herself go to Liyue and just deal with her consequences.

-

"He's not here?" Miko asked in confusion.

Zhongli and Miko both sat at the usual table in Mt. Aozang.

"No, Xiao left to The Chasm a few days ago." Zhongli said.

"Now, talk." He looked her straight in the eyes.
"It didn't work, did it?" He asked.
He had a feeling it didn't work when he saw that the tree was still here, next to them.

"No. It didn't work." Miko said in a sad tone and a sad look.

Zhongli sighed. "Then return her body to the tree, it's the least you can do for what you caused to Xiao the past weeks."