SC - If Xiao never loved Y/n

Author presents to you...

Side chapter 4: If Xiao never reciprocated Y/n's feelings

We've been through Xiao and Y/n's love story now, but what could be the other outcome of the ending if Xiao never returned Y/n's feelings?

How would she feel after returning to Liyue after being rejected so harshly?

Warnings: Awkwardness, unrequited love.

——————————————————————

3rd pov:

Y/n had a great time in Inazuma, meeting her big sister again, meeting new people, joining the resistance and getting used to the tradition and culture of Inazuma.

However, she realized she wouldn't get over Liyue unless she got over what happened with Xiao, so she joined Beidou on a ride back to Liyue.

•Time: After the battle between the shoguns army and the resistance, Y/n returns to Liyue after her first trip to Inazuma.•

-

Y/n pov:

I felt an uncomfortable pit in my stomach as I walked out on the balcony. Thankfully, Xiao had not returned to the Inn yet.

I wondered how he'd been since I left.

Deep inside, I had a rude voice in my head telling me that everything had gone fine with him, he hadn't missed me at all.

The voice made me stiff in my body, as if I couldn't think about anything other than his rejection.

He must've been completely fine lately.

"You are back."

I heard his voice behind me. For some reason, I didn't feel the need to run away anymore.

Maybe this was for the best?

I turned around to face him.
He looked as if he was feeling no different. His face showed no sadness or feeling of guilt for anything.

I sent him a smile, "Yes, I'm back." I said.

It was silent. An awkward silence.

I could hear the people downstairs and it felt as if I could hear the air.

None of us met eye contact, and when we accidentally did, we kept looking away at the same time.

What do I say? "How you been?" No that would make the awkwardness even worse...

Xiao had his arms crossed, "How was Inazuma?" He asked, breaking the silence. It didn't help much, but at least he tried.

"It was good." I answered.

Then the silence came back.

After realizing how empty my answer was and that the awkwardness was still there, I tried to fill my answer a little more.

"The- the people there were kind to me." I stuttered, trying to figure out what to say.