cant get her out of my mind

the past, summer of 85, Starcourt Mall

It was one of the hottest days of the summer, and you and your friends were spending the day at the Starcourt Mall, shopping and hanging out. Even though it was cooler inside the mall, everyone still felt the heat pour into the stores. 

You groaned "It's so hottttt," your turned to your friends "we should go to Scoops Ahoy!" Even though the sailor-themed ice cream shop had caught your attention a few other times, you had never felt the need to go in. Your friends agreed to go, and you all made your way to Scoops.

"I hear the Steve Harrington works here!" One of your friends said, and the others all replied to her comment.

"He's so hot!" 

"One of the hottest guys in Hawkins!"

"Definitely!"

You shrugged off their comments. "He's alright." Your friends stared at your with open mouths.

"Y/n, do you need your eyes checked? Or are you just losing your mind!?" They all laughed and you gave them a sarcastic chuckle. 

"Oh haha. Sure, he's attractive, but I could never  see him the way you guys do. We've known each other since we were realllyyyy little." You and your friends kept walking until your made your way to Scoops Ahoy. As you and your group entered the shop, you immediately smiled at Steve, and he mouthed back "i hate this". You gave a silent chuckle and walked up to the counter with your friends.

All your friends immediately started to swarm around Steve, who started smiling at all the girls. You rolled your eyes and quietly laughed. "Ahh.. excuse me ladies, I'll be rightttttttt back." Steve winked at your friends and slide into the staff room behind the counter. You could here him arguing with another coworker in the other room.

"Come on, there's no way in hell I'll be able to talk to these girls in this stupid uniform! Just go out for now!"

An unfamiliar voice answered "No way! It's your turn to scoop ice cream, I'm busy translating this stupid message!"

"Yo, you gotta be quiet or..." Steve talked more quietly, but everyone by the counter could still hear  "or people will hear what we're doing!" 

The voice replied again "Everyone can already hear us! These walls are paper thin! And whatever! I'll go sling ice cream." You waited anxiously to see who the voice belong to, and a familiar face walked through the door. 

Robin Buckley. A girl who's been in your classes since 9th grade, but the two of you had never really talked, since you had hung out with different crowds. You were a cheerleader for Hawkins High, and Robin was a band geek. She'd never really caught your attention... until now. 

When it was your turn to order, you were a stuttering mess around Robin. She was smiling at you  the whole time, not in a rude way, but in a sincere way, like she thought you were interesting. As you and your friends left with your ice cream, they were all bummed they didn't get to talk to "King Steve".

But you were just a blushing mess, recalling the moments with the nerd of Hawkins High.