The Garden

The three of you talked together about questions for Victor as Nancy drove down an empty tree lined road.

"What about his family? Why was he the one who was spared?" Nancy asked, turning down a another street.

"Why would he know?" You replied. You turned around from the front seat to face Robin as she spoke.

She shrugged. "Maybe he'd done some bad crap. He tried to exorcise the house, right? Maybe Vecna didn't like that, killed his family as punishment."

You were all silent for a moment, but your head continued to run.

 "Wait... how are we gonna get into Pennhurst?"

Nancy's eyes widened and the car slowed as she listend to what you had said. "Shit."

"I guess we didn't think about that." Robin said with a sigh.

Nancy licked her lips. "Maybe we could use the printing room to make fake documents? Fake names, fake situation, fake GPAs..." 

"That's actually a really good idea! Should we call the others? See if we can get the keys for a bit?" You suggested, pulling the walkie-talkie out of your bag.

Nancy shrugged. "I think that's the only option."

You turned on the walkie-talkie and raised the antenna. "Guys? You there? We have a problem."

The radio was silent for a bit, then it made a click noise. "Yeah, we're here. What's the issue?" It was Dustin.

"Hey. So we never really thought of how we'd get into Pennhurst, but we think we got something. We make some fake documents saying that we're genius or something and need to talk with Victor with all the newspaper club crap. Do you think you guys could drive back and give us the keys?"

There was a sound of rustling in their car as someone took the Walkie-Talkie from Dustin; it was Max. "I left the door unlocked. I also left Ms. Kelley's keys in her office. To make it seem like she just left her keys at the school, I guess."

"Great," Nancy replied, making a u-turn back towards the school. "We keep a spare key under our flowerpot up front. I don't want my parents to think you came in totally unannounced, so go around back through the basement door."

More shuffling occurred as the Walkie-Talkie was passed through the car again. "Okay, perfect," Steve said, taking the Walkie-Talkie from Max, "see you in a bit."

After a quick ride back to the school, the three of you got out of the car and went straight to the printing room. 

She rushed over to the cream-colored computer in the corner and opened a new page to print the document on. 

"First things first, disguises. If we get busted, they can't know our real names. So, what's it gonna be? Nancy said, turning to face the two of you.

You leaned on the table, and Robin did the same. "I've never thought about naming myself before," she said, chuckling at you. "I wanna pick something fun, yet classy. We need to build character for ourselves-"

"I'll go by... Ruth!" Nancy interrupted, typing down her "name" on the keys.

You raised an eyebrow. "Why Ruth?" You asked, looking over at Nancy.

"It was my grandmas name, always liked it." She shrugged as she smiled. "You have an idea for yours yet?"

You bit the inside of your cheek and smiled, "Can I be Lorraine? Like the mom from Back to the Future? Or should I chose something fancier? Like a flower?"

Nancy thought for a moment. "What's your favorite flower?" 

"Lilie's, but what does that have to do with-"

"Lily it is!" Nancy clacked on the keyboard and typed in the name "Lily".

You smiled and shrugged. "That works. Robin, you got yours yet?" You asked, turning your head towards her.

"What if we match? Flower names?" She smiled at you and placed her hand over yours.

Your stomach flip-flopped as you chuckled. "Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"Rose."

So you were Rose and Lily; romance and devotion.