bathroom support groups

You pushed through the sea of people towards the bathroom. And as Chance tried to follow the three of you, you picked up your speed. You swiftly pulled Steve and Robin into the bathroom and locked the door. 

Tears poured down harder than they had before. Your throat tightened again and your knees felt weak. 

"Woah, woah, c'mere" Steve grabbed your arm and sat you on the toilet. Robin sat criss-cross on the floor in front of you, and Steve gave you some toilet paper to use as a tissue.

"What happened?" Robin looked at you and placed one of her hands on your thighs and you felt butterflies flutter in your stomach. You wiped away your tears, but your eyes still overflowed with gloom. Mascara ran down your face and was smeared on the toilet paper.

You explained everything to them in a trembling voice. "He's done shit like this before, but... I guess tonight was just my breaking point." Steve knelt down next to Robin and put his hand on your forearm. "And Steve, I'm so sorry about the kiss, I was just so angry and needed to make him jealous-"

Steve did his best to make you laugh "Well who wouldn't be jealous of me? I'm very attractive, and, I've got great hair." He propped his shoulders back and smiled when you chuckled at him, tears still matted to your face.

"Yeah, great, stupid hair." Robin chimed in, softly laughing at Steve's confidence.

 Steve's smile faded, and his eyes filled with sympathy. "Y/N, you need to break up with him. You should've a while ago..." You looked up at Steve with wet eyes and sighed.

"I know, I know. But every time I try, he just... makes me feel guilty. It has been two years, and he says he loves me but-"

Robin grabbed your shoulders and looked you right in the eyes. "Y/N, I might not know you that well, but I need to be honest with you. He's manipulating you. It sounds like he's been using you. Listen to us, we're just trying to make sure this never happens to you again." You nodded, something about Robins raspy, soft voice made you feel safe.

Everything started to calm down. You sat in silence for a few moments, before Robin quietly  groaned and stood up, getting you a rag from the bathroom closet and soaking it with water. She handed it to you and brought you to the bathroom mirror. You tried to wipe the mascara stains off your face and neck, but some faint streaks still stayed. 

You all left the bathroom, and you went to find Chance. Steve and Robin stayed close behind you, ready to fight on your behalf. You looked like a man on a mission as you searched the house  for Chance.

You found him in the family room sitting with some of his friends. He stood up and walked over to you when he saw you. "Babe, so glad you finally realized it wasn't that big of a deal-" He went to grab your waist, but you shoved his hands away. 

You took a deep breath "Im done with all this bullshit. You've been using me for 2 goddamn years. We're done." You turned to leave, but he snatched your wrist.

"You can't break up with me, that's just the alcohol talking! I love you, y/n." The message sounded sweet, but the anger and control in his face said otherwise. 

"No, you don't. You love the idea of me. You love being in control of my life. You love the idea of me doing anything you want. You don't love me. You never have." You pulled you wrist out of his grasp.

 "Everyone was right about you. Chrissy said you'd break my heart. Steve said you were a sloppy, manipulative, bitchNancy said you were a jerky player. But I never listened to them because I really wanted to believe they were wrong. Because I thought you really could've been the one for me. But I just let you play with my heart. We're done."

——————————————————————————————-

wanted this to be out almost 2 days ago, but I was busy watching Joe Quinn and Maya Hawke edits lol😽🤩

also ty for 400 reads :)