Cries on the other end

You felt your heart drop as you heard Chrissys brother crying on the other end of the line. 

"What happened to Chrissy? Is everything okay?" There was nothing but sobbing on the other end, until he spoke again.

"Chrissy's dead. Listen Y/N," you heard him take a deep breathe. "The cops are going to need you to come over for questioning, I really can't say anything else. Please, don't tell anyone." 

You went to reply, but he'd hung up. Tears stung your eyes and you legs went weak. 

"No..." it was the only thing you could mutter as you grabbed onto a kitchen chair for support. 

She can't be dead! I was just with her yesterday! She went home after the game! It has to be a prank!

But the pain in his voice didn't sound like he was joking. Your brain continued to race as tears poured down. You tried to calm yourself down.

I still have to call Steve, he was going to take me with him. 

You took a few deep breathes, but your heart still hung heavy in your chest. You picked the phone back up and dialed his number. You wiped tears from your face as you waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" You took one more breath before answering in a shaky voice.

"Hey, Steve. Listen, you don't need to come pick me up. Just go straight to work, okay? I'll drive myself later."

"Wait, Y/N are you okay? Do you need me to come over-"

More tears streamed down your face. "No, please. I'm going to be fine. Just... please listen to me, okay?" And with that said, you hung up.

You sat at your kitchen table, sobbing to yourself for a few minutes.

I still need to go to Chrissys house. I need to know what happened. 

Did she lie to me about going home? 

————————————————————————————

Short chapter, just wanted to get something out

VOL 2 has made me a wreck. I sobbed so hard during the 9th episode :,)

I'm going on vacation soon and might be pretty busy for the next week. I'll try to upload while I'm there!