Freaks

You gulped and nodded. "Yeah, yeah Eddie Munson."

Powell wrote in his notepad once more. "Can you tell us about him? Why you stopped associating with him? And about the rumors?"

You nodded again.

"Well... in the beginning of 9th grade, there were posters around school for a vocalist for the band. I went to one of their rehearsals, sort of auditioned, and got in. I was in the band for about... 3 months?"

 You stopped talking for a moment to take a breath.

 "Around that same time,  I got onto the Hawkins cheer squad. Once some of the older cheerleaders found out that I was in the band, they forced me to make a decision. The band, or cheer squad. I loved being in the band, but Chrissy was on the squad. Michelle was on the squad. I was finally popular." 

You gave a small chuckle to try to stop yourself from breaking down. 

"People started treating me like royalty. Our own table at lunch, cheers at the pep rally... I was asked out more. People liked me, so I had to leave the band."

The chief continued to write in his notes. "So, how did Eddie and the band feel about your decision?"

You took as much air into your lungs as you could and breathed out. "Eddie... Eddie wasn't thrilled. The band  thought I was being a selfish, attention seeking, traitor. They were definitely being a little...dramatic, but I couldn't stand to loose all that I've worked for. Corroded Coffin was just a lousy garage band with freaky members.

You felt anger build up inside of you as you recalled the reactions of the band members. They were all so disappointed when you told them you were quitting. Just to be popular. 

You licked your lips and sighed and looked at all the cops. 

"What does Eddie have to do with Chrissys death anyways? I know I said Eddie sells drugs, but those were probably just rumors! And if they weren't, I wouldn't know. He's never tried to sell to me, and I've never seen him deal them."

The chief looked over towards the other two officers, then back at you.

"We think Eddie's behind this. Her body was found in his trailer."