The interrogation (part 1)

You stood up from your chair and wiped your face. You walked through your hallway and picked up your car keys from the table. The assortment of keys on the chain rattled in your hands. You left your house and locked the door behind you. You strolled down your driveway and into the street, where your car was parked. You unlocked the car and got in. You closed the door and started the car.

The car ride was silent, except for your fingernails anxiously tapping the steering wheel. The car ride was only a few minutes, but the fear and grief flooding your brain made it feel like an eternity.

When you pulled up to the Cunninghams house, police cars crowded the streets. You parked your car on the side of the road and got out. You locked the vehicle and stepped onto the sidewalk. You walked to their door with caution and knocked. Almost instantly, an officer opened the door. 

"What do you need? This is a private-" 

A red eyed Mrs. Cunningham pushed her way into the doorframe. "Oh, y/n..." she pulled you into a tight hug, shoving the cop out of the way.

Chrissy never liked her parents much. Neither did you. But they weren't the shittiest people on earth, and nobody deserves this. Nobody deserves to have a dozen officers knock on their door at 8 in the morning, just to tell them that their child has been killed

Chrissys family and the cops brought you into her dining room and sat you at the table. Mrs. Cunningham had tears streaming down her face, and you tried to hold back your own. Mr. Cunningham had a disappointed look stuck on his face as he muttered to a officer.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham, we think it'd be best if you let us talk to Ms. y/l/n alone." Said the new chief, Powell. Her parents nodded and made there way out of the room.

Tears burned your eyes as you watched Mr. Cunningham comfort his wife. Two other officers sat down at the table with you and the chief.

"So, y/n. We know that Chrissys brother told you about her...incident?"  You shrugged and took a deep breath. 

"He was very subtle about it. He only told me that she was..." a single tear finally slipped out of your eyes, rolling down your cheek and landing on the table. 

"Yes," the chief took out a pad of paper and a pen. Another officer reached into his bag and pulled out a handful of pictures. He handed them to you and looked away.

Your heart stopped once you looked at them. 

Chrissy's body, twisted and contorted. Her bones were snapped in half and her eyes were gone. She lied in a pool of blood, her mouth still open. You felt a chill run down your body and you started to shake. You brought a hand over your mouth.

"We know this is... quiet disturbing, but she was found like this, this morning. We want to know if she had told you anything last night at your schools basketball game?" Chief Powell said, waiting for answers.

You took your hand down from your mouth and settled yourself. "No, she told me that her head was bothering her after the game. She...told me that she'd go straight home."

The chief wrote your words down in his notepad, then hesitated before looking back up at you. "Has Chrissy every mentioned anything about drugs before?"

—————————————————————————

Hey! Sorry this chapter was short, I'm going to put out part 2 later, I just wanted to get something out since i haven't written in a while.

I was busy, but I'll start writing more soon :)