Psychology and Mystery

After Nancy had written and printed out the fake documents, the three of you drove to Nancy's house.

She briskly tilted up the flowerpot and searched under it. No key, they got in.

Nancy took out her own key and opened the door. The door creaked a bit as she pushed it open and announced her presence.

"Mom? I'm home!" She spoke and handed you the papers, which were encased in three separate folders, as she took a few steps up the stairs. You and Robin followed.

A door upstairs opened and soft footsteps followed. "Nancy, what took you so long? I thought you'd only be gone a bit? You scared me half to death!" Mrs. Wheeler appeared at the top of the staircase, wrapping a silky bathrobe over her pajamas. 

She made her way down and hugged Nancy. She let go and placed her hand on her daughter's shoulders. "I've felt a little on edge ever since that Chrissy Cunningham was killed the other night. I was just a little worried about you."

Nancy gave a small grin and nodded. "Yeah, yeah I was only going to be gone a little while, but I ran into Robin and Y/N and-"

Mrs. Wheeler cut in as she looked at you. "Y/N! Hun, I don't think I've seen you and Nancy together since that little snowball dance in middle school! I bet I still have the pictures on the side of the refrigerator-"

Nancy smiled a bit and sighed. "Mom, can they just stay the night? Can you bother Y/N in the morning?" She shrugged and took the folders from you, laughing a little.

"Oh, well alright. Sleep in the basement, I think there's more room down there, unless your brothers stuff's all over the place." Mrs. Wheeler huffed as she crosse her arms.

Nancy hugged her mom again and started for the basement. "Alright Mom, see you in the morning."

Mrs. Wheeler kissed her cheek and went upstairs. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Robin opened the basement door and you all scurried down the stairs. Steve, Lucas, and Dustin were flipping thought old newspapers about Victor Creel. 

Nancy led and looked at everyone with a smile. "Okay, so...we have a plan."

She handed each of the the boys a folder of the fake documents, and they started to flip though them.

The three of you took a seat and Robin crossed her arms, point at the documents "Thanks to Nancy, we are now rockstar psychology students at the University of Notre Dame."

"I'm now Ruth..."

"I'm Rose.."

"And I'm Lily."

Steve looked at Nancy with a puzzled expression. "Ruth?"

Nancy shrugged and grinned.

He looked at you and Robin. "And flower names?"

"Hey! It was either Lily or  Lorraine." You shrugged and chuckled. 

Robin looked at you, her cheeks grew bright and rosy. "Plus, we wanted to match."

"That too."

Dustin took the folder from Steve and read through it. "3.9? Nice GPA!"

Nancy lifted her head and grinned again. "Thanks."

You twisted your handed around as you cleared your throat. "So, we called Pennhurst Asylum and told them we'd like to speak to Victor Creel on a... thesis we're co-writing about paranoid schizophrenics-"

"But we were declined, although we did land a 3 o'clock meeting with the director!" Nancy finished your sentence, then Robin chimed in.

"Now, all we have to do is charm him into letting us talk to Victor."

You sighed and looked over to Max, who was writing something down over at the basements desk. "Then maybe, we can rid Max of this curse."

"Uh, yeah about that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and... we got some questions." Steve said, taking a newspaper from Lucas, followed by the other two folders.

Steve started to flip through each of them, searching for something.

"Lots of questions." Lucas said, raising his eyebrows.

Nancy shook her head. "So do we. Hopefully Victor has answers."

"Wait, wait wait... where's mine?" Steve asked, shaking the three folders in his hand.

You, Nancy, and Robin shared matching glances at each other, trying to hold back amused giggles.