The Brainstorming Phase

The five of you crept around to the back of Ricks house. The plastic from the grocery bags crinkled against the wind and the container of bottles clinked together. The same leaves crunched under your Nikes, but the noise didn't scare you this time. 

The boathouse still seemed to be empty. 

Good.

The five of you flung the door open and peeked your heads in.

Eddie jumped back. "Jesus-!" He took a deep breath out, startled by all of you.

"Delivery service!" Dustin declared, smiling as you all lifted your items. Steve stared for a moment, then waved his fingers at Eddie. 

Everyone handed Eddie his meal as he took a seat in the boat. He thanked you all and started opening whatever he could find. 

You strayed away from the group and started messing with the light switch, flicking it up and down. "Does this work?" 

Eddie shook his head, his mouth stuffed with Honeycomb cereal. "Nuh uh, I've already tried."

You sighed and put your hands on your hips. "Well, we gotta find some more light, the darks not healthy." You walked over to the boat exit.

Max crossed her arms. "Uh, actually I don't think that's true-" 

"Sorry, does this open?" You asked, cutting off Max.

Eddie shrugged, swallowing the food. "I think.... it should?"

You grabbed the doors handle and lifted it up. "Perfect." You said, wiping your hands together as light poured in. "Let there be light."

Steve sighed at your decision. "Yeah but what if someone sees him?" He asked, pointing at Eddie, who was still stuffing his mouth.

"No one's gonna see him! The only witnesses we have to worry about, are the ducks." You replied, placing your hands on your waists. You walked over to the girls.

Dustin pulled up a stool and sat down. "So... we got some good news, and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

Eddie's mouth was full again. "Bad news first, always." He took a sip of the beer you'd brought.

"Alright, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch on our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

You nodded. "Yeah, like 100 percent convinced. Pulled me into questioning about you and everything."

Eddie looked at you, the back at Dustin. "And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too." Robin said.

You finished her thought, looking at her then Eddie. "Yeah, and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

Eddie sighed. "Hunt the freak, right?"

You nodded. "Exactly."

"Shit." Eddie muttered under his breath.

Dustin chimed back in. "So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence!" 

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?"  Eddie said, a holding a handful of cereal.

Dustin nodded. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

You shook your head. "I'm sorry, who's Vecna?"

"D&D? A monster who loves secrets? Can paralyze and possess people with a single touch? Kinda sounds like what we're dealing with here." Dustin said, unimpressed by your lack of Dungeons and Dragons knowledge.

"Listen, Eddie. I know everything Dustin says sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have, a few times," Robin said, pointing to Max, Dustin, and Steve.

 "But me and y/n are sorta new to this thing. Well, I've been through it once. Mine was more human flesh based, theirs was more smoke related. But bottom line is, collectively,  I really feel like we got this!"

Steve nodded. "We usually rely on this girl who has super powers, but those went bye-bye, so..."

"So we're technically in more of the..." Robin paused,

She and Steve muttered to each other, trying to find the words.

Max chimed in. "Brainstorming phase." 

Steve pointed at her and smiled. "Brainstorming."

Dustin's start to stutter. "There's... there's nothing to worry about!"

Steve scoffed and continued to smile. 

But the smile didn't last long. The blaring sound of sirens grew in the distance.

Everyone panicked. You took in a deep, sharp breath. "Shit."

Robin pointed to the tarp and you and Steve helped Eddie hid back under the boat tarp.

Everyone ran to the window and huddled around. 

The cop cars and ambulances completely flew past the house, no intention of stopping at the lake.

"What the hell?" Steve said under his breath.

You swallowed and looked at him. "Could be another attack."

Dustin nodded and turned to tarp-covered Eddie. "Eddie, we're going to need to come back later. You're good for now, just stay hidden!"

Steve ran to the back of the boathouse and closeted the boat exit, locking the door.

"Mhm, okay." Eddie said, moving a little from underneath the tarp.

You all flew out the boathouse and ran to the car. Steve unlocked it and everyone got in. The car followed behind the sirens for a few minutes, while everyone sat in anxious fear. 

It couldn't possibly be another attack.

Once the crime scene was in sight, Steve stopped the car and everyone jumped out, making contact with someone being questioned.

An old friend of yours.

Nancy Wheeler. And her face had said all. 

Something absolutely terrible had happened.