Follow my lead

The three of you froze in fear. Your legs were stuck to the ground as if your feet were stuck in drying cement, but your mind wanted to race.

I could probably run past the guard and Hatch, you thought, watching as the big guard approached you, but Hatch probably has a whole squad waiting outside for us.

Shit.

The guard grabbed your wrist and gave Robin and Nancy a shove on the back as he escorted you out and up the stairs. Victors wails of agony were heard all the way down the hallway until the heavy metal door closed and blocked them out.

When you reached the top of the staircase, there was another officer waiting for you. The security guard eventually let go of your wrist and you hastily pulled it to your chest. 

Nancy began to shout. "You're not listening. Our friend is in danger!"

Hatch sarcastically chuckled. "Do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say?"

"It's the truth!" You replied. You started to really worry about the others,

 "You are free to tell your sob story to the police!"

 The officer pushed Robin on the back again as you walked through another room. "Move along."

She turned her head back him and snarled. "Don't touch me!"

My life is over. We're busted. I'm going to jail!

The air was thick and silent as you began walking back to the main building, sandwiched between Hatch and the security guard. 

Robin's eyes suddenly lit up and she broke the silence with a whisper. "Music..."

"Hm?" You raised an eyebrow.

Robin spoke again. "The music, the angels voice, the humming! Victor said the night of the attack, everything went on in the house, but he made specific mention of music. He said music was playing! And then, when we asked him about the angel, he started to hum." Robin started humming to the same tune that Victor was.

"Say nighty-night and kiss me...hold me tight..."

Nancy recognized the song, "Dream a Little Dream of Me!"

 "Ella Fitzgerald," you said, "The voice of an angel." 

Robin nodded. "Yeah, Hatch said that music can reach parts of the brain that words can't. So maybe that's the key, a lifeline."

"A lifeline back to reality." Nancy nodded as you continued walking through a garden area. You were almost at the main building now.

You shrugged "It's worth a shot."

 It was quiet for a few moments. Nancy studied the scene and suddenly whispered again. "I think we can beat him." 

"What?" You asked

She motioned toward the direction of the parking lot with her head. "To the car."

Neither you nor Robin disagreed with her idea. Everyone seemed onboard. Hatch was fueled by fury and wasn't paying attention to you and the guards didn't seem like the very athletic. 

Robin shook her head. "Okay. I'm warning you right now, I have terrible coordination! Took me six months longer to walk than all the other babies."

 "Just follow my lead." Nancy grabbed Robin's wrist in one hand and yours in the other.

Robin shouted as you ran "No, my God!"

The guard stopped in his tracks and yelled in an angry tone. "Hey! Get back here!"

Nancy let go of your wrists and you all started to book it around patients in the grass. Robin began kicking off her heels as she ran, falling a little behind. 

 "Hey, Cinderella, you dropped your shoe!" You turned your head around to see an older patient holding a shoe and laughing. You also saw the two guards running far behind you and shouting.

"Stop right there!" 

"Oh my God!" Robin screamed as the three of you quickly scaled down a short wall and onto a lower area in the garden. 

Adrenaline pumped through your body as the guards began getting closer to you. Your body didn't even feel tired, you only wanted to get out of there.

Nancy stuck one hand into her purse and swiftly searched for her keys as she ran. The car was coming into view.

Robin sloppily ran as she tried to catch up to you and Nancy. You could hear the guards behind you as you made it to the car.

You threw open the back door and jumped in, locking it as soon as it was shut.

Nancy and Robin got in with you and did the same. Nancy began starting the car as the guards reached you.

 "Stop! Get out of there!" The guards banged on the widow of the car and shouted at you. "Hey! Stop! Get out of the car!"

  As soon as the engine reved and the car started, Nancy stepped on the gas, leaving the officers in the dust.

"Holy shit!" You breathlessly laughed and wiped your forehead as you turned around and watched the guards emotionlessly saw your car drive away. "Holy shit!"

"Holy shit!" Robin said, panting in the passengers seat.

Nancy sighed and looked over to Robin. "You really are a weird runner." 

The car erupted into laugher as Nancy sped down the street. You laughed until your core ached.

Everything seemed like it might be okay for now, until you saw the Walkie-Talkie flashing in your purse.

You took it out and pulled up the antenna. The audio was staticky, but you recognized Dustin's shouts.

"Y/N, where the hell are you? This is a code red! I repeat, a code red!"