Weapons made of words

Panic and dysregulation took over you.

"His trailer?" You swiftly stood up from the table, overwhelmed. The dinning room chair fell over with the force from your stance. "Eddie might do drugs, he might be a freak, but he would never kill anyone!" You started pacing around the room and the cops tried to calm and settle you.

Powell stood and placed a hand over your shoulder "Ms. y/l/n, please sit. We know this is all so...shocking-"

You turned towards him and he removed his hand. "Shocking?" You gave a nervous chuckle and through your hands up. "This isn't just shocking, it's horrific. One of my best friends was just brutally murdered by one of our classmates. That's not shocking, that's horrendously agitating, to say the least."

Powell placed his hand on your shoulder again and guided you back to the table. He picked up the chair as he spoke. "Ma'am please, we know this is a lot, we're trying as hard as we can to get all the information we can. We just want justice for the Cunningham family."

You sat back down and placed your hands on the table, tears swarming your eyes. "I'm sorry. This is...it's just a lot. But I've answered all your questions and this whole mornings just been insane."

The third officer looked at the chief, then at you. He shrugged and placed his hands in this pockets. "We know, it's unbelievable that a human being could even be driven to do this. Especially to an innocent, good student, like Chrissy. We one have a few more questions, then you'll be free to go."

After answering a few more questions, the spot on the table where you sat was drenched in tears. Chrissys mother rushed to embrace you once you left the room. Her hug was tight and pained. You both sobbed on the others shoulder, leaving tear drops on each other's clothes.

The world seemed to slowed down and go quiet as Chrissys mothers terrified gasps of air filled your ears. The hug seemed like it could last forever, but the booming voice of Chrissys father interrupted the moment.

He couldn't accept the loss of his daughter. He though the cops were pulling some sick joke. But this was no joke. This was no nightmare.

It was real life.

You pulled away from Mrs. Cunningham and gave her a sad smile. "I better get going, I think it'll be best if I leave you and your family alone. No one should ever have to deal with this."

Mrs. Cunningham nodded and clenched her chest. "Dear, I'm so sorry. We didn't know what Chrissy was going thought. And I'm sorry she never told you."

You felt more tears fall down your face. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't see she was struggling. She just always seemed so sweet and happy. I should've looked over her."

"You shouldn't have to do that, shes always wanted attention. She's always wanted to do the most she can. She never should've hid from you, love." Mrs. Cunningham's message was heartfelt, but you couldn't help to notice the anger in her voice.

You managed a small grinned and started towards the door. "Please call me if there's anything I can do, you didn't deserve this. Chrissy didn't deserve this."

Mrs. Cunningham nodded and tried to wipe her tears, but they kept falling. She followed you to the door.

"Stay safe, dear."