Radio Gaga

A silent car ride. Silent for the past 15 minutes.

But not completely silent. 

The sound of Steve's BMW on the road. Robins fingernails tapped against the side of the car. Max bounced her heels on the floor. Dustin's tiny sighs to try to ease the awkward quiet. And the radio. Steve's stupid radio that was always on. Every single car ride for the past few years. 

Sometimes he listened to news. Sometimes sports. But mostly music. Steve would switch stations if it was a song he didn't like. 

 Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners. Even though the song was loud enough for everyone to hear, it wasn't blasting out the speakers. 

The sky was slowly getting dimmer as the time past, you'd never realized how much time you'd spent at Family Video and Chrissys house. 

The silence and heavy pressure in the car was booming. It was suffocating you. Choking you from the inside-out. 

You managed to spit out a few words. "So... are we going to talk about it?" You asking looking out the window.

Steve turned around for a second then back to the road. "Talk about what, exactly?"

You shrugged and sat up a bit. "I don't know, maybe the monsters and evil shit in our town? The fact that one of my best friends might've been brutally murdered by one of my old friends? And now we're going looking for him?"

Dustin turned towards you. "Eddie didn't kill Chrissy! He wouldn't do that!" His expression was angry and hurt. 

"We don't know that!" Max argued back to Dustin.

"I do! Eddie isn't like that!" Dustin crossed his arms.

Robin turned around. "Isn't like what, exactly?"

"He's not crazy. He's not a freak or a cult leader. He's not how people say he is." 

"What about Ted Bundy?" Max said, looking at Dustin.

Dustins voice sounded annoyed. "Again with Ted Bundy!?"

"What's Ted Bundy have to do with this?" You asked, crossing your arms.

Max looked away from Dustin and looked at you. "Yeah, everyone thought Ted Bundy was a super nice guy, but you know, he's just murdering women in his spare time?!"

"Okay we don't have to compare Eddie to a god damn serial killer!" Steve turned the car down a narrow road lined with trees. The sky now seemed a little darker.

Robin didn't turn around this time, but her raspy voice was all you needed. "Yeah, Eddie's not like Ted Bundy, he's only killed one person, and Ted Bundy killed at least twenty!"

"Eddie didn't kill anyone!" Dustin shrieked.

You tried to calm everyone. You were approaching Lovers Lake. "We don't know that, but we need to be careful. We never know what could happen."

Dustin peered at you and nodded.

And just like that, the car was quiet again.

But not completely hushed. 

You could hear Dustin's anxious breathing. Max still tapped her heel and Robin hummed along to the radio.

Take on me by A-ha.

And as the sound of the cars tires came to a stop, the car was parked next to 2121 Holland Road.

———————————————————————

Shorter chapter today, just want to get a lot out since I've been away <3 

also tysm for 5.4K :)