Ascribed to love

You tightly gripped the steering wheel as your blood boiled and heart sank. Your nails dug into the leather wheel as you thought to yourself.   

Why would Eddie do that?  Why would Chrissy lie and hide from me?

 Did she really want to do drugs? 

Who knows? Does Jason know?

These thoughts flooded around your head as you tried to keep yourself from crashing into something with your blurred vision. The car sped up as you left the Cunningham's neighborhood.   

Take On Me by a-ha played softly in the background as you tried to steady yourself. You slowed the car down and brushed your hair behind your ears.

 More crocodile tears ran down your face. You took a deep breath as you thought about the officers questions.

The truth was, you knew Eddie definitely used drugs, and he probably sold them as well. But in the moment, your head was so overwhelmed with emotional fog. A couple of times, he'd show up to Corroded Coffin practices high as hell, which would completely waste a whole day of rehearsal. 

You turned into downtown Hawkins and passed Melvald's General Store. The streets were splattered with students off for spring break. You drove towards Family Video, but the store seemed empty. Meanwhile, Palace Arcade was packed with bikes and students running through the place.

You drove into the parking lot and chose a spot near the entrance of Family video, next to Steve's car. You were right. The store was practically vacant, except for Steve and Robin, stocking shelves.

As you looked more closely into the store, it was more like Steve was stocking shelves, Robin seemed to be on a rant towards him. You chuckled as she flung her arms around and leaned against the wall, where Steve joined her.

You stopped staring and looked at yourself in the mirror. 

You can't let them know. Nobody needs to know.

You grabbed your bag from the passengers seat, and rubbed your cheeks to dry your sticky face as got out of the car. You walked up to the door and entered the store. 

Robin suddenly scattered across the store, bumping into you. Your bag flew off your shoulder and slid down your arm. Your hair blew across your face and you stumbled backwards. Robin grabbed your arm as you fell back, trying to steady you and herself.

"Woah, y/n! I'm so sorry! I just saw a film across the store and though it could be our morning movie and-" She paused when she saw your face, unsure and red. 

Steve walked over to make sure the two of you were alright.

"Wow Robin, she really fell for you." He chuckled at himself, but Robins face looked panicked, and he took that as his cue to stop.

You lifted your bag back onto your shoulder and fixed your hair again. 

"Y/n, are you all right? Are you still upset about last night?" She smoothed down her hair and turned in small circle, arms towards the sky. She walked over to a shelf and grabbed a movie. "He was a piece of shit! Your free now!" 

Steve glared at her and you gulped, nodding while you thought of an answer. 

"Yeah, yeah I know, it's just... you know we dated for a while, and you can't really blame me for being a little upset that it's officially over."  You gave a small smile and looked at Steve.

Robin gazed at you and apologized. "Shit, right. I'm sorry I brought it up. Maybe a movie could cheer you up?" She held out the movie in her hands and smiled. "Doctor Zhivago, great movie about doomed love. I was thinking it could be our morning movie, but if you want to watch it, it's all yours." 

Steve crossed his arms and groaned. "Ugh, you know I don't do double VHS." 

You smiled at him and shook your head. "No, Robin, it's fine." 

She smiled and nodded, then walked over to the TV. "You reallyyyy need to start watching more movies, y/n. Julie Christie is-" Steve shot her an alarmed look, and she stopped her sentence. You leaned over the counter and watched them both. She looked back over towards you and finished talking. "She's a really great actor." 

You shook your head in agreement and observed as Robin switched on the TV.

It was the News channel, and they were talking about Chrissy.

——————————————————————

WOAHHH LONG CHAPTER LMAOOOO

I was going to make it longer, but decided to leave it on a cliffhanger