The truth about Hawkins

Dustin and Max shared an uneasy look, and Steve put his hands on his hips.

"No, nope, I thought that was all over?!"  Steve shook his head. You crossed you arms and walked over next to Steve and Robin.

"What shit from before?" Like, mysterious deaths? Barbra Holland and that Byers kid?"

Everyone looked at you.

Max crossed her arms over her stomach. "Well, sort of." 

Dustin laid back in the chair and raised his eyebrows at you. His tone became more serious. "We're gonna tell you some information that might seem crazy, but you have to swear that you won't tell anyone!" 

You looked around at everyone, but they didn't act like Dustin was overreacting. "What?" 

Dustin stood up and walked over to you. "Do you swear!?" 

You put your arms out in front of you and back up. "Okay jeez, I swear!" 

Dustin paused for a moment and stared into your eyes, then backed up.

Steve nodded at you and gulped. "Okay, I'm not exactly sure where to start..."

Dustin glanced at him and breathed out. "A few years ago, our friend Will Byers was taken by a monster. A demogorgan to be precise-"

"Woah, woah, woah! A monster? Are you shitting me right now? Aren't demogorgans just made up dungeons and dragons crap?"

"That's what we thought, but we were wrong."

Steve crossed his arms and looked over at you. "The same thing happened to Barbra, she was taken."

Dustin paused for a moment. "This part... might be a bit to take in. Are you ready for it?"

You shrugged and nodded. "Try me."

Dustin nodded back. "Okay, well. There this girl who we found... in the woods...when Will went missing. And, she had...powers!" Dustin's tone tried to make seem like he was telling you a joke, but the looks on everyone's faces told you he was dead serious.

You just blinked as a response. "Powers? Like... the force? Star Wars movie shit?" 

"Yeah, sort of." Max said, holding her hands together near her stomach.

Robin put her fingers on her head and threw them out in an explosion gesture."Telekinesis mind powers, it's sort of unbelievable."  

You nodded again, "Okay, so D&D monsters and magic?" You looked at everyone again and bit the inside of your cheek. "Continue?"

"Right, well she fought those monsters and helped bring Will back. But the thing is, these monsters had possessed Will and stayed inside him. We had to find the core of these monsters and burn them, which we thought saved Will. But it was still there. Even after months had pasts, they'd always come back bigger and stronger."

Dustin and Max told you everything. Everything about the fall of 1983 and 1984. 

Everything about Wills possession and the magic girl, Eleven.

Everything about Hawkins lab and the secrets of Hawkins.

And everything about the summer of 1985.

Robin decided to chime in again, "and even while all this was happening, Russians were building  a machine to re-open this gate into the upside down."

You paused Robin there and shook your head. "Where were Russians in Hawkins? And what the hell is the upside down?"

Steve spoke up, "Like she said, they came to Hawkins and built this machine under the mall. They actually found me and Robin and forced us into questioning, drugged us and everything." 

"And the upside down is basically where all the monsters and shit live. A different dimension." Dustin sat back down and turned the chain to face the group. 

"That's why the mall was destroyed. It caught on fire while we fought this spider creature, the mind flayer."

You took a second to process everything. "This all that why people say this towns cursed? Why we've lost so many lives in the past year?"

Steve nodded and looked at you. 

Max looked down, "These monsters have been the cause of so many deaths. Barb, Chief Hopper...Billy..."

Shit. Billy was Max's stepbrother.

 None of this ever should've happened to anyone.

————————————————————————————————

SORRY GUYS, I REALLY WANTED THIS OUT EARLIER, BUT I HAD A PARTY AND IT RAN ALL NIGHT SO IM WRITING THIS AT 2:30 AM WHILE MY LAPTOPS DYINGGG :,)

I STARTED THE DRAFT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, SO ITLL BE OUT SOON.