baby's first game | lamelo ball

this was requested by dazjah so i hope you like it 🫶
also let's pretend charlotte didn't lose against boston during melo's career high game 🫣
-

"come on kai!" dazjah cooed as she strapped her baby boy into his car seat.

the newborn and new mom were on their way to their first hornets game since kai had been born.

he was now six months and dazjah felt comfortable bringing him out the house.

she drove to the arena and got out of the car, grabbing his baby bag and getting him out of the car.

"dazjah! it's nice to see you again!" one of the security guards brightly spoke.

"it's nice to see you too mr. floyd." she smiled as she held kai in her arms. going to almost all of his games on the road, she'd become close with the security in all the arenas.

"is this the little one?" he waved at the baby.

"yeah! say hi baby." she grabbed his hand and made him wave, giggling.

"he's adorable. i hope you guys have fun." he waved as they walked into the arena.

"hi dazjah!" some fans recognized her and waved. "hey guys!" she smiled and waved back at them.

"oh my gosh! hi kai. he's so cute!" a fan gushed over the baby. "thank you! you guys have a good night." she waved before going to find her seat.

"is that my grand baby i see?" lavar yelled as he spotted the two.

"hey i'm here too!" dazjah turned around, smiling at him.

"hey sweetheart! how are you?" he gave her a tight hug.

"i'm good! this one's been keeping me busy." she looked down at the baby in her arms.

"oh i'm sure. come here little man." he grabbed kai and held him on his hip.

"who is that? is that grandpa?" dazjah smiled and tickled him, making him smile.

"you do know you're sitting by me right? i'm not letting you or him out of my sight." he warned the girl.

"whatever you say pops." she giggled and grabbed the baby.

both teams came out onto the floor for a shoot around and lamelo spotted his girlfriend and baby boy.

"what's up ma?" he smiled and leaned down to kiss her lips.

"hey. oh-" she started to speak but was interrupted by kai squealing and squirming in her arms.

"someone's excited to see daddy!" melo chuckled and held his son.

he kissed his cheek repeatedly, making him smile.

he bent down and placed him on the ground, helping him stand up. one of his teammates handed him a ball and melo placed it in front of kai.

"look at him. my boy's a natural." he smirked at dazjah who playfully rolled her eyes.

"he's just rolling the ball around melo calm down." she laughed at the sight of them.

"don't downplay his little victories dazjah! i'm telling you he's going to the league just like his daddy." he smiled widely as he picked him up.

"i don't think he can be in the league at six months old but okay lamelo." she giggled and held out her arms for her baby.

"is that lamelo jr.?" miles smiled as he ran over to the little family.

"not too much bridges." dazjah gave him a side eye as he chuckled.

"not my fault he stole dudes whole face." he shrugged and played with kai.

kai did steal almost every feature on lamelo's face. from his eyebrows to his curls, that baby had lamelo written all over him.

"anyway, we'll see you after the game right bubba?" she smiled down at her son.

"i love y'all." lamelo hugged dazjah and kissed the top of kai's head before going over to his team.

they went to sit with lavar and waited for the game to start.

"look kai! it's daddy!" she pointed at lamelo who was walking onto the court.

the baby squealed and jumped around in her lap as she smiled.

aside from being fed and changed, the game had kai's full attention.

as the game unfolded, lamelo was playing really well. by the end of the game, he had a career high of 38 points and the hornets won the game.

"dazjah!" lamelo yelled for her to come down onto the court.

she made her way down to the court with kai in her arms.

"well hello mr. career high." dazjah smiled and hugged him tightly.

"you know i had to show out for y'all." he smirked and kissed her forehead, grabbing kai and playing with him.

"we're very proud of you." she kissed his cheek as he smiled.

"thank you baby. can i keep him for the postgame interview?" he asked, pressing his cheek to kai's.

"sure. have fun bubba." she smiled and tickled kai's stomach, making him smile.

and so, lamelo and kai stood on the court and did his postgame interview while dazjah watched.

"say byeee!" he grabbed kai's hand and had him wave to the camera, making him smile.

"you did such a good job baby!" dazjah cheered as kai reached for her.

"i love you." lamelo kissed dazjah's lips. "and i love you too." he kissed kai's cheek.

"we love you too." she smiled and looked at her baby boy.

"man he really did steal your whole face." she mumbled as he laughed, her joining in.

-
sorry for leaving you guys for like a week 💔
and dazjah, i hope you liked this one!
next one is about d book so be prepared 🤭